+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR ok, but employer is ?

mimi_lvx

Apr 4, 2010
Employer in Canada ceased operations
« on: March 27, 2010, 12:54:04 am »

Hi to all,

This blog really helps me a lot. I am again asking all concerned if they can help me. The first topic I posted here is about the possible employer of my husband who is no longer responding to our emails.

Last February 2009, we received our approved Provincial Nomination sponsored by a company in Canada. The processing of PR was completed and we waited for a year before we received our immigrant visa (Category IM1). The visa was issued on Feb. 24 and valid until June 24, 2010. Since the employer who is supposed to be providing the expenses for my husband's airfare is not responding, we have decided to buy our own plane ticket and my husband will leave for Canada on April 27, 2010.

It was only this morning that we heard the news from his co-applicant (who also had their visa released), that the employer has stopped it's operation and decided to close the company.

Just want to ask, will there be a problem with my husband's landing to Canada if the supposedly employer does not exist anymore? Our visa is categorized as Immigrant already, will the airport immigration in Canada will ask about the employer? Will the immigration ask for proof of funds? (which we do not have right now). Please help us, we cannot cancel the flight anymore, the airfare was paid already.