Med's Request
09-05-2014
Med's Done....
19-05-2014
Interview........
26-02-2014
Passport Req..
RPRF Request 02-03-2015, PPR Request 10-03-2015
Whatever happens, could you report your experience? Even if it's anecdotal, I'd like to get some data points. Your case is probably going to be the most similar to mine if I ever decide to try to return to Canada. I'm 2 months away from being eligible to apply for US Citizenship.

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
Whatever happens, could you report your experience? Even if it's anecdotal, I'd like to get some data points. Your case is probably going to be the most similar to mine if I ever decide to try to return to Canada. I'm 2 months away from being eligible to apply for US Citizenship.
It would be nice to know whether @michaelin is successful in settling even though the odds are against them.

There have been reports over the years of people coming back after extended periods of time and getting to rough without being reported; the difficult part is not having a current PR card, and being unable to access some services as a result for an extended period of time.

michaelin

Mar 5, 2022
HI rocketscity and tubsmagee,

I will definitely report back on my experience once I get into Canada. You are absolutely right that not having a PR Card is going to make it more difficult but I wonder if holding a visa free passport for Canada will help in any way?(although in all likelihood I will still be identified and flagged as a PR in the system regardless of the passport I hold). I also plan to take the help of an Immigration lawyer to help with putting together an H and C case. I wonder if it would also help if I perhaps get admission in a Canadian college/course in advance of crossing the border to further substantiate and justify my return to Canada?. Thanks so much.

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
Do not volunteer the fact that you are PR. You have a right to remain SILENT and not say things that can be used against you. If they do find out that you are PR and ask you about it, do not lie. Again, you can remain silent, but can't lie. Report how it goes, I would also be interested in knowing if they let you through without any issues or report you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Do not volunteer the fact that you are PR. You have a right to remain SILENT and not say things that can be used against you. If they do find out that you are PR and ask you about it, do not lie. Again, you can remain silent, but can't lie. Report how it goes, I would also be interested in knowing if they let you through without any issues or report you.

1. You have been watching too many cop shops on TV.

What are the obligations of a traveller or employee in a CCA?

At the request of a CBSA officer, any traveller or employee within or exiting a CCA is required to identify themselves, truthfully answer questions asked by the officer, and present goods for examination.

Reactions: Tubsmagee

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
What a bitter little person you are. Glad you left Canada..keep on living in your American dream world.

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
Hi

1. You have been watching too many cop shops on TV.

What are the obligations of a traveller or employee in a CCA?

At the request of a CBSA officer, any traveller or employee within or exiting a CCA is required to identify themselves, truthfully answer questions asked by the officer, and present goods for examination.
I don't care what they say my "obligation" is. I am a US Citizen, I owe nothing to anybody. And the last thing I owe is testifying against myself. We even have Constitutional Amendment for it, it's called Fifth. The only thing I have to trade is my personal information and ID, if asked. I can withhold both, if I elect to do so, but then I would also have to withdraw my application for admission. Assuming my intent was to gain admission, I would produce my ID and confirm that it belongs to me. As to contents of my bag, they have x-rays, eyes and hands to open and sniff through my underwear and other clothes. I may put a pair of dirty ones, so they can smell it well. And that's where it ends. They are not entitled to anything beyond that.

I also assert that I would LIE, If I wanted to: I don't believe in Hell, and I see politicians in charge of the CCA lie 24/7, that's how they become important and powerful. So, if politicians in charge of all executive offices lie 24/7 , why can't I ?
But
I find lying to be counter productive for me. Note that I am not a politician and don't run for the office of PM. Lying hurts credibility, and with damaged credibility it would be harder for me to stand my grounds when real contest was necessary. Besides, typically you can get farther by being truthful and transparent: the laws and life are pretty simple (unless you are a politician or a pig) , just manage your affairs properly.
I am not politician in charge of executive branches of government , I am not a criminal, I am not planning to run for office or run CBSA/CCA and am not planning to abuse people's rights left and right and then try to it. So, why should I lie?

Above being said, I owe NOTHING to CCA. I have a right, a Constitutional Right to remain SILENT. And I would remain SILENT if speaking would be against my interests, you bet on it.

Last edited:

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
I don't care what they say my "obligation" is. I am a US Citizen, I owe nothing to anybody. And the last thing I owe is testifying against myself. We even have Constitutional Amendment for it, it's called Fifth.

I would LIE, If I wanted to: I don't believe in Hell, and politicians in charge of the CCA lie 24/7, that's how they become important, so if politicians lie 24/7 why can't I ?But I find lying to be counter productive (it hurts credibility, with damaged credibility it's harder to stand your ground when real contest is necessary. And, typically, you can get farther by being truthful, laws and life are pretty simple if you learn how to manage things properly. After all, I am not politician and am not planning to run for office or run CCA and abuse people left and right. So, why should I lie?). Nevertheless, I owe NOTHING to CCA. I have a right, a Constitutional Right to remain SILENT. And I would remain SILENT if speaking would hurt my interests, you bet on it.
I doubt the Canadians running/working in the CCA care much about your rights as a US citizen.

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
I doubt the Canadians running/working in the CCA care much about your rights as a US citizen.
Whether they do or not, they can't do jacks pants if I choose to enter Canada and remain silent at the border. Bullying me is a very bad idea. They can't even stop me at the border, because I am a PR and as such I am entitled to be admitted into Canada. And the worst they can ever do to me is deport me (after I appeal and loose my appeal at IAD). Which is not a big deal, since being banned from Canada is like being banned from the Moon. Either way, I can live my comfortable life and keep saying what I think about CCA. I will also (next time I visit Canada) wear body camera and install camera and audio recording devises inside my car. I will document each and every interaction with CCA. I will publish it on social media at the first opportunity I get. Should they violate my rights in any way/shape, you can bet the legal action will be coming. I would actually go fully prepared this time, with attorneys in the wait, with plans what to do each step of the way. I won't be caught off guard twice.

We as citizens shall never forget that these clowns with badges and guns are existing on our tax paid salary. I repeat: we work and pay taxes that go to fund their salaries. The government is there to serve and protect us, not to terrorize us as Taliban does in Afghanistan. It's imperative for us to always place those who cross the red line into their place. And the officers of the government shall never forget that their duty is to be in the service to us and never vice versa,

Last edited:

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
Whether they do or not, they can't do jacks pants if I choose to enter Canada and remain silent at the border. Bullying me is a very bad idea. They can't even stop me at the border, because I am a PR and as such I am entitled to be admitted into Canada. And the worst they can ever do to me is deport me (after I appeal and loose my appeal at IAD). Which is not a big deal, since being banned from Canada is like being banned from the Moon. Either way, I can live my comfortable life and keep saying what I think about CCA. I will also (next time I visit Canada) wear body camera and install camera and audio recording devises inside my car. I will document each and every interaction with CCA. I will publish it on social media at the first opportunity I get. Should they violate my rights in any way/shape, you can bet the legal action will be coming. I would actually go fully prepared this time, with attorneys in the wait, with plans what to do each step of the way. I won't be caught off guard twice.

We as citizens shall never forget that these clowns with badges and guns are existing on our tax paid salary. I repeat: we work and pay taxes that go to fund their salaries. The government is there to serve and protect us, not to terrorize us as Taliban does in Afghanistan. It's imperative for us to always place those who cross the red line into their place. And the officers of the government shall never forget that their duty is to be in the service to us and never vice versa,
Great, you should post the recordings here so we can have a laugh.

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
Great, you should post the recordings here so we can have a laugh.
Keep laughing. The best laugh last.

P.S. Watch CBSA officers on the background, all ate their tongues. They know they are being filmed. This Canadian citizen talks to their supervisor, stating that he traveled all over the world and had never been treated as bad as he is being treated by CBSA (no surprise there). They know they acted against the law.

P.P.S. Only a pig (a slang for a corrupt cop) laughs at violation of civil rights. We should work on getting pigs out of law enforcement agencies, or (if they are there) we should fight to defend our rights and bring their actions to light, to utmost of public scrutiny. There is a reason why civil rights exist. There is a reason why parliaments pass laws that spell those rights out. It's not up to pigs to take those rights from us.

Last edited:

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
Keep laughing. The best laugh last.

P.S. Watch CBSA officers on the background, all ate their tongues. They know they are being filmed. This Canadian citizen talks to their supervisors, stating that he traveled all over the world and had never been treated as bad as he is being treated by CBSA (no surprise there). They know they acted against the law.

P.P.S. Only a pig (a slang for a corrupt cop) laughs at violation of civil rights. We should work on getting pigs out of law enforcement agencies, or (if they are there) we should fight to defend our rights and bring their actions to light, to utmost of public scrutiny. There is a reason why civil rights exist. There is a reason why parliaments pass laws that spell those rights out. It's not up to pigs to take those rights from us.
The guy is a tool, thanks for the laugh.