+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR obligation

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You need to be talking to a lawyer. I am not if there is even a possibility you will granted an extension on the appeal.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The immigration Appeal Division (IAD) received your notice of appeal after the deadline for you to file it expired. The IAD rules allows you 60 days for the IAD to receive your notice of appeal.
We are in receipt of some documentation you included with the notice of appeal. We are however missing page 1 of the refusal letter addressed to you from the visa office. Please send that in to us as soon as possible.
Reading between the lines (and guessing somewhat), the part that they are missing page 1 of the refusal letter stands out.

I believe they are attempting to determine (acc to fairness procedure) whether any outright error has been made or procedural lapse that would allow for an appeal at this (very) late date.

I presume that first page of the refusal letter states clearly that you have 60 days to appeal. The conclusion is fairly logical: if they notified you that you had 60 days to appeal and you did not, the hurdles to make an argument to revisit that earlier decision will be substantially higher and quite possibly insurmountable. That is, there may be no grounds (barring something truly exceptional) to revisit or appeal that refusal.

But of course, get your own legal advice.

Reactions: canuck78

atulkumar

Sep 11, 2018
No on here can make up reasons or H&C grounds for you.
Yes I should have to do but I didn't do so I lost my PR ,so can you please let me know my wife and kids still have PR status in Canada.And my daughter,son and my wife will go to Canada in the end of the year so they can sponsor me. And what is procedure please advise me. What they have to do ? when they
Hi sir ,
Have a nice day. I got this reply from IAD :-
The immigration Appeal Division (IAD) received your notice of appeal after the deadline for you to file it expired. The IAD rules allows you 60 days for the IAD to receive your notice of appeal.
We are in receipt of some documentation you included with the notice of appeal. We are however missing page 1 of the refusal letter addressed to you from the visa office. Please send that in to us as soon as possible.
Although,it appears you wish to appeal the decision from the visa office,it is not clear whether you understand that you are approximately 4 years late in filing the notice of appeal as the visa office Made a residency determination on your permanent residency in the five year period preceding January 18,2016 of which you received the refusal on January 28,2016.
If you wish to continue with this appeal, you need to make an application in writing to extend the time limit to file your Appeal, otherwise the IAD may dismiss your Appeal.
Before 2020/03/26 please give me your opinion in this matter. For instance- what kind of reasons I can show them to extend time limit? If you have any topic related with H&C ground so please guide me.
I hope you will reply me as soon as possible. Thank you
Yes I should have to do that but I didn't, so I lost my PR status. But my children still have PR status in Canada and as according to your instructions my wife has a less chance to approve PRTD but my children got approval of PRTD and they will go back to Canada at the end of this year. So will they be able to sponsor their parents or what they should do? And what is the procedure for that? Please guide us....and help us....

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes I should have to do but I didn't do so I lost my PR ,so can you please let me know my wife and kids still have PR status in Canada.And my daughter,son and my wife will go to Canada in the end of the year so they can sponsor me. And what is procedure please advise me. What they have to do ? when they

Yes I should have to do that but I didn't, so I lost my PR status. But my children still have PR status in Canada and as according to your instructions my wife has a less chance to approve PRTD but my children got approval of PRTD and they will go back to Canada at the end of this year. So will they be able to sponsor their parents or what they should do? And what is the procedure for that? Please guide us....and help us....

Thank you
As already specified the only ones who really have a decent chance of keeping their PR is your children especially your son. They can apply for PRTD based on H&C that they were removed as a minor against their will. Your wife can apply but her chances are not great. If approved your children will have to return to Canada without their parents.

Your children will only qualify to sponsor their parents when they have earned a certain amount of income for 3 years in a row (1 year in Quebec). You’ll have to monitor the yearly instructions regarding the parent and grandparent sponsorship program. There are many applicant for a limited amount of spots so sponsorship isn’t guaranteed.

Reactions: Buletruck