+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR obligation

atulkumar

Sep 11, 2018
Sir I was in Calgary since 2007 as cabinetmaker ( work permit) than I became permanent resident in 2009 and I was in Calgary within five years , more than 730 days and l had applied my PR Card for renewal in August 2014 than I left Canada in 2015 February.. and I got email in 2016 from CIC Calgary that mantion in your PR card Reddy to pick up so I had applied PRTD from India but reply was that you have to apiel IAD but I didn't because I don't know about process of apiel so I did not....
Recently I sent email to IAD about my case and reply is that please send us refusal letter with extand time limit writing apiel application before 26/03/2020 so I'm asking to you how is it possible that to resolve my case OR can I get PRTD during apiel process and my family were spent 436 days in Canada. but they did not meet RO yet ..So they can apply for PRTD application . what is strong supporting documents regarding require please guide us. help us.thanks

atulkumar

Sep 11, 2018
Sir I was in Calgary since 2007 as cabinetmaker ( work permit) than I became permanent resident in 2009 and I was in Calgary within five years , more than 730 days and l had applied my PR Card for renewal in August 2014 than I left Canada in 2015 February.. and I got email in 2016 from CIC Calgary that mantion in your PR card Reddy to pick up so I had applied PRTD from India but reply was that you have to apiel IAD but I didn't because I don't know about process of apiel so I did not....
Recently(2days ago) I sent email to IAD about my case and reply is that from IAD please send us refusal letter with extand time limit writing apiel application before 26/03/2020 so I'm asking to you ..how is it possible that to resolve my case ? OR can I get PRTD during apiel process and my family were spent 436 days in Canada. (Child were Minor )but daughter/son will be 20/18 on October/August .they did not meet RO yet ..So they can apply for PRTD application ?. what is strong supporting documents regarding require please guide us. help us. thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Recently I sent email to IAD about my case and reply is that please send us refusal letter with extand time limit writing apiel application before 26/03/2020 so I'm asking to you how is it possible that to resolve my case OR can I get PRTD during apiel process and my family were spent 436 days in Canada. but they did not meet RO yet ..So they can apply for PRTD application . what is strong supporting documents regarding require please guide us. help us.thanks
I am confused. Did you apply for a PRTD? If you have not been in Canada since 2015 you have not met your RO. What about your family? When were they last in Canada? How much time have they spent in Canada in the last 5 years?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

I am confused. Did you apply for a PRTD? If you have not been in Canada since 2015 you have not met your RO. What about your family? When were they last in Canada? How much time have they spent in Canada in the last 5 years?
1. Re-read the OP's post. He applied for a PRTD and was refused. He had 60 days to appeal, he didn't, his PR is now lost.

Reactions: scylla

atulkumar

Sep 11, 2018
I was in Calgary since 2007 as cabinetmaker ( work permit) than I became permanent resident with my family in 2009 and I was in Calgary within five years , more than 730 days and l had applied my PR Card for renewal in 12 August .2014 than I left Canada in 2015 February.. and I got email in 2016 from CIC Calgary that mantion in...your PR card Reddy to pick up so I had applied PRTD from India but reply was that you have meet RO so you have to apiel IAD but..... I didn't .....because I don't know about process of apiel so I .....did not....
Recently I sent email to IAD about my case and reply is that please send us refusal letter with extand time limit writing apiel application before 26/03/2020 so I'm asking to you how is it possible that to resolve my case

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what is strong supporting documents regarding require please guide us.
Strong supporting documents are those showing you are actually living in Canada or RO met by accompanying a Canadian spouse. Does not seem to have either one.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I was in Calgary since 2007 as cabinetmaker ( work permit) than I became permanent resident with my family in 2009 and I was in Calgary within five years , more than 730 days and l had applied my PR Card for renewal in 12 August .2014 than I left Canada in 2015 February.. and I got email in 2016 from CIC Calgary that mantion in...your PR card Reddy to pick up so I had applied PRTD from India but reply was that you have meet RO so you have to apiel IAD but..... I didn't .....because I don't know about process of apiel so I .....did not....
Recently I sent email to IAD about my case and so I'm asking to you how is it possible that to resolve my case
I don’t understand what you are saying by

”reply is that please send us refusal letter with extand time limit writing apiel application before 26/03/2020”

Did you contact IAD and say that you want to return? Assume they are saying you don’t have the right to return but if you think you have H&C reasons send in your appeal by 26/3/2020. Would get a lawyer if you want to try and save your H&C.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don’t understand what you are saying by

”reply is that please send us refusal letter with extand time limit writing apiel application before 26/03/2020”

Did you contact IAD and say that you want to return? Assume they are saying you don’t have the right to return but if you think you have H&C reasons send in your appeal by 26/3/2020. Would get a lawyer if you want to try and save your H&C.
Lawyer is expensive. Suggest OP to renounce and reapply if they are eligible.

atulkumar

Sep 11, 2018
my family became PR in 2009. and Between 2009 to 2012 they were spent 436 days in Canada within 5 years they left Canada in 2012 .So they can apply for PRTD ? what is strong supporting documents for ( my wife) and (daughter will be 20 years on October..2020) and. (son will be 18 on August 2020)so I have to submit other documents ( child as minor ) with application ...please guide us. help us . thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
my family became PR in 2009. and Between 2009 to 2012 they were spent 436 days in Canada within 5 years they left Canada in 2012 .So they can apply for PRTD ? what is strong supporting documents for ( my wife) and (daughter will be 20 years on October..2020) and. (son will be 18 on August 2020)so I have to submit other documents ( child as minor ) with application ...please guide us. help us . thanks
Your children can attempt to return to Canada they will have to apply for PRTD. You and your wife are unlikely to be able to return to Canada unless you have strong reasons why you have not been able to live in Canada all this time with supporting documents. Things like taking care of a very sick parent who has no other family in India to care for them. You would have to include all the medical documents about treatment, hospitalizations and proof that you returned as soon as they got better or passed away, etc. It seems like you are the most urgent case at the moment since if you don’t provide the proof by March 23rd you will lose your PR status. If you have the money to work with a lawyer I would make the investment if you do have a good reason why you were not able to live in Canada.

atulkumar

Sep 11, 2018
Hi sir ,
Have a nice day. I got this reply from IAD :-
The immigration Appeal Division (IAD) received your notice of appeal after the deadline for you to file it expired. The IAD rules allows you 60 days for the IAD to receive your notice of appeal.
We are in receipt of some documentation you included with the notice of appeal. We are however missing page 1 of the refusal letter addressed to you from the visa office. Please send that in to us as soon as possible.
Although,it appears you wish to appeal the decision from the visa office,it is not clear whether you understand that you are approximately 4 years late in filing the notice of appeal as the visa office Made a residency determination on your permanent residency in the five year period preceding January 18,2016 of which you received the refusal on January 28,2016.
If you wish to continue with this appeal, you need to make an application in writing to extend the time limit to file your Appeal, otherwise the IAD may dismiss your Appeal.
Before 2020/03/26 please give me your opinion in this matter. For instance- what kind of reasons I can show them to extend time limit? If you have any topic related with H&C ground so please guide me.
I hope you will reply me as soon as possible. Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi sir ,
The immigration Appeal Division (IAD) received your notice of appeal after the deadline for you to file it expired. The IAD rules allows you 60 days for the IAD to receive your notice of appeal.
We are in receipt of some documentation you included with the notice of appeal. We are however missing page 1 of the refusal letter addressed to you from the visa office. Please send that in to us as soon as possible.
Although,it appears you wish to appeal the decision from the visa office,it is not clear whether you understand that you are approximately 4 years late in filing the notice of appeal as the visa office Made a residency determination on your permanent residency in the five year period preceding January 18,2016 of which you received the refusal on January 28,2016.
If you wish to continue with this appeal, you need to make an application in writing to extend the time limit to file your Appeal, otherwise the IAD may dismiss your Appeal.
Before 2020/03/26 please give me your opinion in this matter. For instance- what kind of reasons I can show them to extend time limit? If you have any topic related with H&C ground so please guide me.
No on here can make up reasons or H&C grounds for you.

Besram

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Hi sir ,

It appears you waited more than 4 years to file an appeal, but you only had 60 days to file it. This is a very significant delay.

Why did you not file for an appeal when you received the refusal in 2016? In your initial post you wrote:
"you have to apiel IAD but I didn't because I don't know about process of apiel so I did not.... "
What was the real reason for not filing the appeal in 2016, and why have you decided to do it now?