+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR obligation

ajemon

Aug 24, 2019
Pls respond for those who have idea on this situation, i got my PR 2015 then stayed in canada for a month and return back home. for 4 yrs i stayed outside canasa in which i never tried to return back until i decided to come this year. I am still admissible even my PR still not expired? thank you. What

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Sure if you still have a valid PR card you can still board a plane and travel back to Canada. However given you have failed your residency obligation there is a chance you may be reported on entry by CBSA leading to your status being revoked subject to appeal. As a PR would still be entitled to enter regardless and if by chance not reported you need to stay in the country for minimum 2 years and not apply to renew your card or try to sponsor anyone.

Just to add PR cards expire PR status never expires and can only be revoked or renounced At least you still have a valid card so can travel to Canada and take your chances with CBSA not being reported, but as said you can still enter the country even if reported.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would also warn you that you can’t sponsor a spouse until you are compliant with your RO so you are likely looking at a 3 year separation from your spouse unless they can get a TRV to visit you in Canada. Obviously that is conditional on you not getting reported for not meeting your RO.