+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR obligation questions

hady96

Jul 27, 2011
Dear All,

I'm a high school student in Kuwait. My parents and I landed in Canada in June 2009. We spent 3 weeks and went back to Kuwait.

I'm planning to move to Canada permanently for university in June 2012....I will arrive in Canada by 9th June 2012. I wil have spent 1087 days outside Canada.

I was wondering if I'm going to face any problems in the airport ?
Can the officer possibly suspect that I haven't met the PR obligation because I'm arriving at a very tight timing ... (1087 days outside Canada) ?
How can I prove that I still meet the residency obligation ?

I'm planning to spend two full years in Canada before renewing my PR . I was wondering if the number of days I spent outside in Canada might affect the renewal application ?

Sorry if my inquiry is a bit confusing but I'd like to be on the safe side as I will be enrolled in a university and I don't want any problems
with the immigration.

Thank you

Naseh

Jul 24, 2011
I stayed here for almost 700 days
June 7, 2011 - present
June 1, 2010 - nov 20 2010
July 7, 2008 - sep 18 2009
July 7, 2006 - sep 9 2006
please count the days and let me know when my residency obligation is completed.
I sent the application on 22nd of june 2011 and today is 10th of august please can anybody help me and count the days and let me know when my obligation is going to be ok.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Naseh said:
I stayed here for almost 700 days
June 7, 2011 - present
June 1, 2010 - nov 20 2010
July 7, 2008 - sep 18 2009
July 7, 2006 - sep 9 2006
please count the days and let me know when my residency obligation is completed.
I sent the application on 22nd of june 2011 and today is 10th of august please can anybody help me and count the days and let me know when my obligation is going to be ok.
Surely you counted the days yourself when you filled out the application form. What did you come up with?

They will look at your status when you sent in your application. At that time you should either have 730 days in Canada or be able to reach 730 days in Canada before the 5 year anniversary of your PR.

At the time you sent in your application, you had 693 days in Canada. On the 5 year anniversary of your PR, you had 708 days. You should not have applied until October 2 this year because that is when you have 730 days within the previous 5 years. Even though you are only missing 22 days to reach 730, it is not enough just to stay 22 days more because once you reach the 5 year mark, your stay in Canada in 2006 starts to expire and move outside the 5 year window.

I think you would be better off to request to withdraw your PR card application. Wait until October and then apply again with 730 days or more.

Naseh

Jul 24, 2011
Now my obligation is going to be completed in early october.Is there any possibility to reapply for the pr renewal.Or is there any possibility to withdraw my previous application which is in local office at this time.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should be ok to withdraw your application now and apply again in October.

asal

Jan 13, 2012
Naseh said:
Now my obligation is going to be completed in early october.Is there any possibility to reapply for the pr renewal.Or is there any possibility to withdraw my previous application which is in local office at this time.
hi Naseh
can u plz keep us updated about ur case?
thx alot

shree1

Dec 21, 2011
Dear All,

I have exact same situation (explained by Naseh-he was having 22 days short and I am having 15 days short) ......Can I want withdraw the application If so what should I write the reason to withdraw the application( now I have accumulated 800 days of stay in Canada).....can I reapply again same time I am withdrawing)............and also want to mention here that recently I got a letter from (CIC Sydney office)to submit the all copies of passport .......so please let me know ..... should I send them all certified pages of passport or withdraw my old application....

Thank you.
Kind Regards-Shree