Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
"Then chances of getting report are very less." What are the views of other senior members on this????
You need to note one thing, no one can tell for sure that they will not get reported. Secondly since the kids are PR so even if the CBSA finds the kids don’t meet RO, they have to let the kids into Canada. CBSA can’t prevent the kids from entering Canada. You can then go ahead with the appeal and probably win the appeal as the parents meet RO.
So keeping things simple, it a decision you need to make and take the risk.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hi Senior Fellows

My brother is also in similar situation, his PR Card is expiring in 2019 July and he have only 15-20 visits to Canada. In short by time his PR card will expire he will not able to fulfill 730 days conditions.

Can he get his PR Card renew subject he is Permanent UN employee and have valid UN Laison Passport. He is posted in Africa by United Nation. though he is not royal / crown servant but being UN employee can he get benefited for ?

His family already spent 1 year and they will be returning to Canada to fulfill 730 days condition.

any suggestions will be appreciated

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Senior Fellows

My brother is also in similar situation, his PR Card is expiring in 2019 July and he have only 15-20 visits to Canada. In short by time his PR card will expire he will not able to fulfill 730 days conditions.

Can he get his PR Card renew subject he is Permanent UN employee and have valid UN Laison Passport. He is posted in Africa by United Nation. though he is not royal / crown servant but being UN employee can he get benefited for ?

His family already spent 1 year and they will be returning to Canada to fulfill 730 days condition.

Thanks
Hi

There is no exception for being a UN employee.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hi Senior Fellows

Thanks
As mentioned there is no exception for UN employment, so he may find his PR status will be revoked next time he attempts to come to Canada.

If his status is terminated, then as long as his spouse meets the residency obligation she can sponsor him for PR again. Though may want to make sure if's when he's actually ready to live in Canada permanently else he may just be in the same situation again in the future.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
As mentioned there is no exception for UN employment, so he may find his PR status will be revoked next time he attempts to come to Canada.

If his status is terminated, then as long as his spouse meets the residency obligation she can sponsor him for PR again. Though may want to make sure if's when he's actually ready to live in Canada permanently else he may just be in the same situation again in the future.
Thanks

roverbon

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Is there any rules that a PR needs to live in Canada for a certain period of time within one year or just 3years outof 5 would do.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Is there any rules that a PR needs to live in Canada for a certain period of time within one year or just 3years outof 5 would do.
Do not confuse the citizenship physical presence 3 years out of 5 with residency obligation which is 2 years out of 5.

There is no rule that says in any one year someone needs to spend X time in the country as long as they for RO accumulate 730 days in the first 5 years from initial landing and after that 730 days in the 5 year period Prior to each new entry to Canada.

Rizar71

May 4, 2018
Your reasons are not that strong. You remained in Canada for 4 weeks so unless your mother had a huge medical event during those 4 weeks you can't blame your absence on your mother. You then waited over a year to return to Canada after her death. You also haven't mentioned whether she had other family around her, etc. Your child could state that she was removed as a minor and it wasn't her fault she couldn't maintain her RO. Not 100% guaranteed that she would get PRTD on H&C or not report due to H&C coming via the US but much better than your case. Everyone could also get really lucky and not get reported.
Hi,
I managed to get in to Canada without being reported. I have also applied to Ontario photo card and for health card.
I know for a fact that i need to stay in Canada foe the next two years so I can renew my PR card, the thing is i have job offer from Canadian company to be stationed outside Canada. What is my chances to get my PR card extended if I take the offer?
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I managed to get in to Canada without being reported. I have also applied to Ontario photo card and for health card.
I know for a fact that i need to stay in Canada foe the next two years so I can renew my PR card, the thing is i have job offer from Canadian company to be stationed outside Canada. What is my chances to get my PR card extended if I take the offer?
Thanks
Zero. You need to be an established worker and then get transferred for the time to count. You got very lucky once.

Reactions: scylla

Rizar71

May 4, 2018
Zero. You need to be an established worker and then get transferred for the time to count. You got very lucky once.
Thanks for your feedback - the thing is the canadian company is based in Edmonton and they offer me a role as Regional Director as they’re expanding their business in South East Asia. I’m still considering to take that offer, suppose I take that, would that be counted as part of RO?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your feedback - the thing is the canadian company is based in Edmonton and they offer me a role as Regional Director as they’re expanding their business in South East Asia. I’m still considering to take that offer, suppose I take that, would that be counted as part of RO?
As explained above - it won't count towards RO. You're going to have to make a choice between taking this job and remaining in Canada to save your PR status.