+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR new portal Request After December 2020

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Why do they need a photo? We already included photos in the application. Nobody can understand the system or how they think or how they work. It is frustrating!
because even in the process before covid you would have to submit photos again when applying for the card.

Reactions: imadeddin

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
I was reading on another portal forum and someone said they contacted and MP about the status of their eCOPR and both responded "you are in Queue for virtual landing". so maybe they were sending out the portal request in batches (possibly automated). and maybe are doing it step by step. going over all the addresses and accepting all the addresses then issuing the ECOPRS AND will Upload the corps in batches too. well, we shall see in January. this is just my theory.

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
I was reading on another portal forum and someone said they contacted and MP about the status of their eCOPR and both responded "you are in Queue for virtual landing". so maybe they were sending out the portal request in batches (possibly automated). and maybe are doing it step by step. going over all the addresses and accepting all the addresses then issuing the ECOPRS AND will Upload the corps in batches too. well, we shall see in January. this is just my theory.
Yoki i think they are dealing with every application differently, so I think every applicant will receive his/her eCOPR separately in different days.

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Yoki i think they are dealing with every application differently, so I think every applicant will receive his/her eCOPR separately in different days.
i don't think so for the offices doing the portal. the portal is basically a replacement of going in-person to collect your COPR or having it mailed to you and getting rid of people having to apply for the card. before this point, your pr application has already been completed. this is just confirming you have a valid mailing or residential Canadian address and a picture meeting IRCC standards. which is the same process for anyone that is landing inside canada. it is stated in the portal that once your address is approved you get your eCOPR. So everyone will get it the same way on the portal, not any different separate way.

*Your eCoPR will be available for download after you have confirmed that you are in Canada and after IRCC uploads it here*

Reactions: NOC98 and Cpwr

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
i don't think so for the offices doing the portal. the portal is basically a replacement of going in-person to collect your COPR or having it mailed to you and getting rid of people having to apply for the card. before this point, your pr application has already been completed. this is just confirming you have a valid mailing or residential Canadian address and a picture meeting IRCC standards. which is the same process for anyone that is landing inside canada. it is stated in the portal that once your address is approved you get your eCOPR. So everyone will get it the same way on the portal, not any different separate way.

*Your eCoPR will be available for download after you have confirmed that you are in Canada and after IRCC uploads it here*
Okay okay it makes sense, anyway these just a theories nobody knowledge with will exactly happen, do you know how they gonna verify the address ?

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Okay okay it makes sense, anyway these just a theories nobody knowledge with will exactly happen, do you know how they gonna verify the address ?
no idea maybe check to see if you have ever received mail there before or if it's in their system. I guess kinda like when you have to provide a letter with your address when you apply for the health card and photo id to have them mailed to you.

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
no idea maybe check to see if you have ever received mail there before or if it's in their system. I guess kinda like when you have to provide a letter with your address when you apply for the health card and photo id to have them mailed to you.
I hope that won't be slower for people whom moved to a new address soon, also there is important point; what about the offices which they didn't publish the new portal yet ? Will they send eCOPR by the old way or they will postpone till the new system got tested and updated ‍♂

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
I have seen that Calgary and Etobicoke have sent out the portal and the last COPR by mail news I have seen are from people who got DM in early November and before they made the portal official and were only testing it with select applications.

Reactions: Armaani

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
I have seen that Calgary and Etobicoke have sent out the portal and the last COPR by mail news I have seen are from people who got DM in early November and before they made the portal official and were only testing it with select applications.
You are right. I am one of those people who got last electronic COPRs. I got mine on November 5, 2021.

Armaani

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
You are right. I am one of those people who got last electronic COPRs. I got mine on November 5, 2021.
What office gave you the E-Copr? What was your waiting period after DM? Have you received the PR card already if so how long after ecopr did you get the card?

Reactions: Cpwr

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
The COPR isn't a letter exactly but a long paper document that lists your personal details and your application details, medical details, if you have sponsor the info will be listed too and dependants info if you have any and photo at the end that you submitted with your pr application.
Can you release a copy of it or at least what has been written on eCOPR compare by AP

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
The COPR isn't a letter exactly but a long paper document that lists your personal details and your application details, medical details, if you have sponsor the info will be listed too and dependants info if you have any and photo at the end that you submitted with your pr application.
Thank you, hope all of us get it soon

Last edited: