+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR new portal Request After December 2020

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
No finger prints asked or pcc request. All was asked during the process is medical from ur mother right ?
Yes. No PCC or fingerprints requested. My mother is 65 years old and she never lived in any place other than our home country. She's March 2019. I can't say she finished early though. I'm July 2019, I have been asked for PCC and fingerprints in August.

Reactions: luckyrefugee

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Hello,

I got my completion email over 2weeks that my file had been transferred to Etobicoke. Can I request for the e-portal or what needs to be done?
No, you cannot. they will send the request and it varies from person to person. It could be the same day of completion letter, days, weeks or, a month or 2.

Reactions: Fadros

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
To be honest I really just start counting from the day they stated they started processing my PR cause I have seen where people who applied after me their processing started before mine. this probably is one of the reasons why some people from later months are being completed before others from previous months ( just my theory).

Reactions: Armaani

Armaani

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Those who received the E portal beside email was there any update/change or notifications on your regular online GCkey account?

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Those who received the E portal beside email was there any update/change or notifications on your regular online GCkey account?
nope, I check every day. no update, and it's been 3 weeks since my process has been completed but it is still saying reviewing this and that, and the application still in process. lol really like we keep repeating just wait on an email from them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Armaani

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
The funny thing is that my mother got the e-portal email, now waiting for the login details. @Yuki.03 got the log in details straight away, hopefully my mother doesn't wait 45 days for log in like after DM :D:D:D:D
and then after log in, you wait for them to upload COPR. Seriously one is supposed to be happy when receiving DM or E-portal but they kill you in the soul, waiting for everything. It's just soul crushing. Like you should be happy but there is always a catch. You can't go to bed 100% satisfied.

Reactions: Cpwr

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
The funny thing is that my mother got the e-portal email, now waiting for the login details. @Yuki.03 got the log in details straight away, hopefully my mother doesn't wait 45 days for log in like after DM :D:D:D:D
and then after log in, you wait for them to upload COPR. Seriously one is supposed to be happy when receiving DM or E-portal but they kill you in the soul, waiting for everything. It's just soul crushing. Like you should be happy but there is always a catch. You can't go to bed 100% satisfied.
yeah, I think that's the catch with this online thing. they have to verify your address before uploading COPR. whereas if you went inperson they know you are in Canada or by physical mail when they received it shows you do have an address in Canada.

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
yeah, I think that's the catch with this online thing. they have to verify your address before uploading COPR. whereas if you went inperson they know you are in Canada or by physical mail when they received it shows you :D do have an address in Canada.
Thing is it looks like I'm waiting for LOG IN now not even COPR upload looooooooool :p.

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Thing is it looks like I'm waiting for LOG IN now not even COPR upload looooooooool :p.
it happens, I saw on another forum for a different class Pr some got it the same day or days later, and still some waiting for them to approve the address and photo to get PR card. so get approved the same day or days later. So it's not just us refugees but other pr classes too. so I guess the average timeline is the same today to a week.

Reactions: Fadros

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
it happens, I saw on another forum for a different class Pr some got it the same day or days later, and still some waiting for them to approve the address and photo to get PR card. so get approved the same day or days later. So it's not just us refugees but other pr classes too. so I guess the average timeline is the same today to a week.
how they do verify your address?

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
if you are talking about the eportal no idea lol. you just submit everything and it states in review by IRCC. on the forum for other class PR sometime everything gets approved same day or days later and you get the eCOPR or only address gets approved some get eCOPR so don't and are still waiting on photo to get approved and also eCOPR. haven't seen anyone state that they have gotten their card only COPR.

Reactions: adbcca