+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR new portal Request After December 2020

Sarah0211

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Guys just to let you know, I linked my application before I send the photos. You can actually link your application on the same day you get CoPR. The officers started the application for you on same day they issued you CoPR, because no one to receive our photos anyway. it will show submitted until they physically start processing the pr card application. Unfortunately guys, for us who mailed the picture ( and I hope I'm wrong ), we are SO UNLUCKY. The card will take 6-9 months to reach us :confused:. Don't wait for it. If you want to travel, get a permanent resident travel document. People in other forums are waiting since September and October. Only June and July applicants got it nowadays. This piece of plastic takes loooooooong time.

check the threads:
PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

You will know what I am talking about.

The Portal guys were lucky.

I couldn't link my application until yesterday. So I am guessing it might be different for some applicants.

Reactions: Fadros

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
I believe it all depends on the “specific” officer who finalized your PR application in the local IRCC office. How fast he/she is, how many applications he has, is he on a vacation right now, etc.

sonyguntuka

Aug 10, 2020
Guys just to let you know, I linked my application before I send the photos. You can actually link your application on the same day you get CoPR. The officers started the application for you on same day they issued you CoPR, because no one to receive our photos anyway. it will show submitted until they physically start processing the pr card application. Unfortunately guys, for us who mailed the picture ( and I hope I'm wrong ), we are SO UNLUCKY. The card will take 6-9 months to reach us :confused:. Don't wait for it. If you want to travel, get a permanent resident travel document. People in other forums are waiting since September and October. Only June and July applicants got it nowadays. This piece of plastic takes loooooooong time.

check the threads:
PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

You will know what I am talking about.

The Portal guys were lucky.
Does everyone who receive COPR get the invitation to apply for PR card through portal?
Is the processing time for post and portal same? Which is fast process?
I am expecting my COPR soon and it would be helpful for me to get my PR card faster because I have a travel plan.

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
Does everyone who receive COPR get the invitation to apply for PR card through portal?
Is the processing time for post and portal same? Which is fast process?
I am expecting my COPR soon and it would be helpful for me to get my PR card faster because I have a travel plan.
@sonyguntuka
You gonna get your card one of two ways:
1. Portal ( usually takes 2-6 weeks )
2. Mailing in pic ( 3-9 months )

The portal was a pilot program that was used by IRCC on November, December, and January. It seems like they stopped the program nowadays as all people I see on forums are now asked to mail in their pics.

Receiving your card after mailing in your pic varies extensively. Depends on your province, city, backlog...etc.

For example, I've seen people who applied for the card in June/July and they just got it nowadays. People who applied October/November are still waiting. That said, I've seen some instances when people got it by 45-60 days. You never know.

My advice is, don't depend on the card to travel. If you must travel before you get the card, you have two options:

1. Apply for PRTD ( Permanent Resident Travel Document ) from the visa office of the country you're traveling to. It's like a temporary visa that you can use to enter Canada when you don't have your card. ( this option will be mentioned in your COPR )

2. You can use the COPR to enter Canada but ONLY in a private vehicle crossing the borders from the USA ( If you have a US visa ).

Otherwise, you have to wait for the card.

Hope that helps.

sonyguntuka

Aug 10, 2020
@sonyguntuka

The portal was a pilot program that was used by IRCC on November, December, and January. It seems like they stopped the program nowadays as all people I see on forums are now asked to mail in their pics.

Receiving your card after mailing in your pic varies extensively. Depends on your province, city, backlog...etc.

For example, I've seen people who applied for the card in June/July and they just got it nowadays. People who applied October/November are still waiting. That said, I've seen some instances when people got it by 45-60 days. You never know.

My advice is, don't depend on the card to travel. If you must travel before you get the card, you have two options:

1. Apply for PRTD ( Permanent Resident Travel Document ) from the visa office of the country you're traveling to. It's like a temporary visa that you can use to enter Canada when you don't have your card. ( this option will be mentioned in your COPR )

2. You can use the COPR to enter Canada but ONLY in a private vehicle crossing the borders from the USA ( If you have a US visa ).

Hope that helps.
Thank you for explaining me in detail Fadros :)
One of my family members is planned to undergo surgery in the month of August. So we have booked our flight tickets already.
I am going to get a doctor's note for this. Can I mark URGENT and send the PR card application?

timon bi

Feb 21, 2020
@sonyguntuka

Hope that helps.
@Fadros how are you? I have a question regarding the pr card photo, I have to send only one photo right? and use the new UCI in COPR?

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
@Fadros how are you? I have a question regarding the pr card photo, I have to send only one photo right? and use the new UCI in COPR?
Hi @timon bi
Did your UCI change? as far as I know it stays the same from the start of your claim until citizenship.

They asked for one photo, but I sent two. Only one of them I wrote name and UCI number on the back of the photo.

Reactions: timon bi

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
Thank you for explaining me in detail Fadros :)
One of my family members is planned to undergo surgery in the month of August. So we have booked our flight tickets already.
I am going to get a doctor's note for this. Can I mark URGENT and send the PR card application?
As far as I know, no one can fast track the card process, however you can use the medical documents to get an urgent Refugee Travel document from Passport Canada and from the country you traveling to you can apply for a PRTD to return back. Hopefully you get your card before August though. Good Luck.

timon bi

Feb 21, 2020
Hi @timon bi
Did your UCI change? as far as I know it stays the same from the start of your claim until citizenship.

They asked for one photo, but I sent two. Only one of them I wrote name and UCI number on the back of the photo.
Yeah they change mine, and wrote The new one at the back of the photo. So I don’t know. Anyway thanks for your reply and please keep me posted if you received your card, good luck

Vijanti

Mar 3, 2021
Hi Everyone, hope everyone is doing good. If anyone can pleaas help me with my question would be really great.
I submitted both my PR and Travel Document with a copy of Notice of Decision that my lawyer had send me but today I received my copy with a true copy certified stamp on it. Now I am worried, please advise me on what can be done now.

Reactions: luckyrefugee