+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR - new card application - July 2022 PR soft-landing

2014waiting

Feb 1, 2018
Hi all,

Has anyone received their new PR cards yet? Current PR card processing time is 65 days as per IRCC websites. Here are our dates:

• PR soft-landing on 1 July, 2022
  • Linked application on IRCC GCKey on 8 July, 2022
So far, there are no updates. Has anyone received the PR card within 4 weeks after landing. We need to fly out on 5 Aug 2022. We are thinking of delaying our travel back to Oman (I work there) and wait for the PR cards to arrive.

Any advice, thoughts are appreciated.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi all,

Has anyone received their new PR cards yet? Current PR card processing time is 65 days as per IRCC websites. Here are our dates:

So far, there are no updates. Has anyone received the PR card within 4 weeks after landing. We need to fly out on 5 Aug 2022. We are thinking of delaying our travel back to Oman (I work there) and wait for the PR cards to arrive.

You have your answer already :) Current processing time is 65 days, so expect some update near to that deadline.

Aidel

Jul 20, 2022
You have your answer already :) Current processing time is 65 days, so expect some update near to that deadline.
Hi everyone I had a question about my spousal pr I did my biometric already and last month I did my medical my question is it's been almost a month but no update from IRCC about my medical and I can't check it into my gc account because I hired an immigration consultant there the one link into that GC thing and I don't wanna ask them because I don't want to upset them by asking questions is anyone can help me thank you

Aidel

Jul 20, 2022
Hi everyone I had a question about my spousal pr I did my biometric already and last month I did my medical my question is it's been almost a month but no update from IRCC about my medical and I can't check it into my gc account because I hired an immigration consultant there the one link into that GC thing and I don't wanna ask them because I don't want to upset them by asking questions is anyone can help me thank you
Thank you

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020

Hello, regarding the new PR card, can you not hire a lawyer to receive PR cards on his street address by mail and later they can arrange to send to you back in Oman ?

I am asking this because need to clarify some points on soft landing too...

Reactions: ManiChowdhury

ManiChowdhury

Dec 28, 2014
Hello, regarding the new PR card, can you not hire a lawyer to receive PR cards on his street address by mail and later they can arrange to send to you back in Oman ?

I am asking this because need to clarify some points on soft landing too...
Hi,

no, we didn’t hire a lawyer. We’re informed that it’s legally ok to do soft landing and go back, and a friend can receive your pr cards and mail them to you. But in case you need to enter Canada again while you haven’t received the cards yet, then you need to apply for the PRTD which takes a very long time. We’re told its best to get the pr cards then go back. Current wait times for the the pr cards is 81 days. The duration keeps changing based on the backlog. So best to come with that in mind, to work remotely etc.

Reactions: cybertruck

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
Hi,

no, we didn’t hire a lawyer. We’re informed that it’s legally ok to do soft landing and go back, and a friend can receive your pr cards and mail them to you. But in case you need to enter Canada again while you haven’t received the cards yet, then you need to apply for the PRTD which takes a very long time. We’re told its best to get the pr cards then go back. Current wait times for the the pr cards is 81 days. The duration keeps changing based on the backlog. So best to come with that in mind, to work remotely etc.
ok thanks for your reply and Good luck!

mussadsar

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hi all,

Hello, we are also in a similar boat as you. Do you have any updates? Pls let me know if you have rcvd ur PR card and how many days it took?

Aug 14, 2022
Hi everyone
My wife got a confirmation of Pr on January 7 2022 since then we still waiting for pr card on our mail nothing received yet
I call them they said there’s a delay on immigration system cause of Ukrainian people and Afghanistan
And they told my wife on airport 52 days to receive the card and they said again 128 days but now it is 6 months going
Can you guys please tell me what to do in this case ?
should I reapply or what
And the worst is we still received the bills from hospital cause we are not able iven to apply for health card