28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So I decided to leave.

Unfortunately my company doesn't have operations in my home country. So if online work doesn't count, that avenue is closed.

The only thing that occurs to me I could do before leaving, to alleviate the situation, is renewing my PR card: any other ideas?

Also the whole situation is affecting my mental health and productivity. I'm worried all the time, wake up everyday with my heart pounding, shortness of breath, and finding it hard to focus. Wondering if that would count as humanitarian and compassionate grounds.

So fellow forum members, this is the question: anything I could do, before or after I leave?

Your thoughts are much appreciated.
Thanks!
When does your PR card expire? You can only apply to renew your PR card within 9 months of expiry. If you do not meet the residency obligation due to working outside of Canada, then I would definitely not apply to renew your PR card now (even if you are within 9 months of expiry).

There is nothing you can do before you leave to alleviate the situation.

The time to determine what to do will be when you are finally ready to return to Canada and live here permanently. At that time, depending on the situation (e.g. if your PR card is still valid), there may be different options.

Good luck.

Reactions: seth0

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
I am living in Canada without my Wife just to keep in compliance with the RO. If this is not something for you, then you should give-up your PR.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am living in Canada without my Wife just to keep in compliance with the RO. If this is not something for you, then you should give-up your PR.
If you read the first post, it looks like the OP would be looking for one in the home country. In the recent post, the OP added even if he found one, he would not come back after 2 months.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Wouldn't be coming back in 2 months, not enough time. My PR card wouldn't be expired even by then, 2 months after I leave: let's say Feb 2022.
The big issue is even if you are able to make it to the 730 days out of 5 years (we still don’t know how many days you have in Canada and when your PzR cards e pie) and submit you renewal and head to your home country you must still remain in compliant with your RO and because you were so close to the 730 days there is a good chance you will need pick up your PR card in person where they will check whether you are still compliant with your RO.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The big issue is even if you are able to make it to the 730 days out of 5 years (we still don’t know how many days you have in Canada and when your PzR cards e pie) and submit you renewal and head to your home country you must still remain in compliant with your RO and because you were so close to the 730 days there is a good chance you will need pick up your PR card in person where they will check whether you are still compliant with your RO.
Alternatively, OP can also try to get a PRTD (preferably multiple entries) to return to Canada while in the home country or a nearby Canadian consulate..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Alternatively, OP can also try to get a PRTD (preferably multiple entries) to return to Canada while in the home country or a nearby Canadian consulate..
If OP is not compliant with their RO than PRTD would potentially lead to losing their PR status. Being lonely is unlikely to be a reason for qualifying for PRTD based on H&C. Multiple entry PRTDs are very rare. They are usually only given to spouses living abroad with their spouse who is a Canadian citizen who have an expired PR card but no inote tio NOC moving back to Canada anytime soon.

seth0

Apr 17, 2021
When does your PR card expire? You can only apply to renew your PR card within 9 months of expiry. If you do not meet the residency obligation due to working outside of Canada, then I would definitely not apply to renew your PR card now (even if you are within 9 months of expiry).

There is nothing you can do before you leave to alleviate the situation.

The time to determine what to do will be when you are finally ready to return to Canada and live here permanently. At that time, depending on the situation (e.g. if your PR card is still valid), there may be different options.

Good luck.
I do meet the RO as of now. My PR card would be more than 9 months before expiry by the time I leave. Thanks for the advice!

seth0

Apr 17, 2021
If you read the first post, it looks like the OP would be looking for one in the home country. In the recent post, the OP added even if he found one, he would not come back after 2 months.
That's correct, will be looking in the home country. I meant that 2 months is not enough to find an SO.