+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR, missed additional document request for 3 month.

andchu

Apr 24, 2018
Hello,

Today I have encountered very unpleasant situation. I have applied for PR back at February 2018 by paper to Sydney office. I used the services of local immigration lawyer (paid) to review my docs before sending it. Initially lawyer has become my representative until I received the AOR at February 22 and cancelled representation in order to link application number to cic online account.

Today I am receiving a forward message (immigration officer -> lawyer ; lawyer -> me) that there was document request for IMM 5669 form that was issued 3 MONTH AGO, and the response timeframe was 15 February - 15 March. So the first time I was notified about this doc request is 3 month after actual request. Of-course I immediately sent the forms directly to immigration officer.

So my question, does it mean that my PR is delayed for 3 month in best case scenario and now it is 9 month since AOR instead of 6 month?

Also my ex representative lawyer is keeping silence and don't respond to my questions about how it happened that she never notified me. Should I write an official complaint letter and ask that layer to make everything possible to prioritize my PR processing?

Thank you for reading this and how to hear some constructive feedback.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hello,

Today I have encountered very unpleasant situation. I have applied for PR back at February 2018 by paper to Sydney office. I used the services of local immigration lawyer (paid) to review my docs before sending it. Initially lawyer has become my representative until I received the AOR at February 22 and cancelled representation in order to link application number to cic online account.

Today I am receiving a forward message (immigration officer -> lawyer ; lawyer -> me) that there was document request for IMM 5669 form that was issued 3 MONTH AGO, and the response timeframe was 15 February - 15 March. So the first time I was notified about this doc request is 3 month after actual request. Of-course I immediately sent the forms directly to immigration officer.

So my question, does it mean that my PR is delayed for 3 month in best case scenario and now it is 9 month since AOR instead of 6 month?

Also my ex representative lawyer is keeping silence and don't respond to my questions about how it happened that she never notified me. Should I write an official complaint letter and ask that layer to make everything possible to prioritize my PR processing?

Thank you for reading this and how to hear some constructive feedback.
Yes if you don't send the required document requested within the deadlines set by CIC, your application will be delayed. I don't think a complaint letter will help in your application as CIC always stated that its the applicant responsibility to ensure that all documents is submitted on time.

andchu

Apr 24, 2018
But basically is my lawyer's fault that I was not notified about documents request. So is enough reason for a complaint letter to that lawyer, at least for a refund?