+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR MISREPRESENTATION

Faisalkhan555

Apr 14, 2020
I am convention refugee and in Schedule A Background Declaration there's a question to give details of past 10 years or since 18th birthday I had done internship for 6 months and I have mentioned this In Narrative only not in any other forms while in Schedule A I wrote academic activities and I forgot to mention about this internship will it be considered as a misrepresentation?Does IRCC really check Narratives as well and the reasons which RPD gives or they only confirm if the claim is accepted?Please need sincere advice

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
I am convention refugee and in Schedule A Background Declaration there's a question to give details of past 10 years or since 18th birthday I had done internship for 6 months and I have mentioned this In Narrative only not in any other forms while in Schedule A I wrote academic activities and I forgot to mention about this internship will it be considered as a misrepresentation?Does IRCC really check Narratives as well and the reasons which RPD gives or they only confirm if the claim is accepted?Please need sincere advice
Well, it depends on a situation.
Protected persons applying for PR are only subject to Inadmissibilities such as security, serious crime, organized crime. But not a misrep unless this "misrep" isn't an important thing for a claims' outcome. I mean a "significant fact and could potentially affect a decision". If any, they will ask you for a CV (as an example) I don't think it will cause a problem. Important things are hiding dependants (especially those who have criminal convictions), refusals, deportations, work history, or there are significant inconsistencies with BOC.
I also found a mistake in my application form in employment history (I accidentally answered Canada instead of my home country). So I send a message with explanation using webform and officer asked for my most recent CV with detailed employment history :) So I'm sure, no need to worry a lot.

Reactions: Faisalkhan555

Faisalkhan555

Apr 14, 2020
Thanks a lot for the response secondly in the address section i forgot to mention Canada in the country section do i have to let them know through the webform?As i had 4 addresses of canada and while i forgot to mention for one.

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
Thanks a lot for the response secondly in the address section i forgot to mention Canada in the country section do i have to let them know through the webform?As i had 4 addresses of canada and while i forgot to mention for one.
Hmmm how the system allowed you to validate the form skipping a country section? :oops: You should write exactly as it was in BOC+ any recent changes after you submitted BOC at a border or in the office.
I also didn’t specify one address where I lived for couple of days (it was Airbnb. I didn’t like the place and I moved asap) I called the agent and he told me that it’s fine as long as i haven’t used this address for correspondence etc. we cannot really rely on agents’ answers , but still... it’s not good that you forgot , but they cannot refuse your application because of that too . So it’s fine

Reactions: Faisalkhan555

Faisalkhan555

Apr 14, 2020
Hmmm how the system allowed you to validate the form skipping a country section? :oops: You should write exactly as it was in BOC+ any recent changes after you submitted BOC at a border or in the office.
I also didn’t specify one address where I lived for couple of days (it was Airbnb. I didn’t like the place and I moved asap) I called the agent and he told me that it’s fine as long as i haven’t used this address for correspondence etc. we cannot really rely on agents’ answers , but still... it’s not good that you forgot , but they cannot refuse your application because of that too . So it’s fine
Thanks a lot for your helpful response