Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
Hey all!

We are finally beginning the PR process and will be applying outland. I have a million questions! haha

My husband has his medical test on Monday here in Florida. Since we are doing it in advance what do we send with the PR application? Will the doctors office give us a form with the medical results for us to mail?

As for my next question what can we send as proof of our intent to move once PR is approved? I'm going to have my mom write a letter saying that we will be living with her while we establish ourselves, look for employment etc. Should she hand write this letter and notarize it? I'm not sure what the best way to go about it would be.

Would things like airline quotes, shipping quotes, proof we've shipped boxes to Canada already be enough?

Thanks everyone:)

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
The doctor should have given you a copy of the e-medical report. It has a bar code on top and picture of the applicant. They send the results electronically, but you need a copy of that sheet to submit in your application as well. It's proof that you've done the exam. Obviously make a copy for yourself before sending.

Letter from your mother and shipping quotes are good. We also printed out some job and apartments searches for the area where we intent to live. Even though you are not going to apply for any of those specific jobs/apartments, it just shows that you are planning. Just make sure it is clear what your plan is when you move to Canada, that's basically what they want to see, that you have a plan!

xCami

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
CaroM8 said:
The doctor should have given you a copy of the e-medical report. It has a bar code on top and picture of the applicant. They send the results electronically, but you need a copy of that sheet to submit in your application as well. It's proof that you've done the exam. Obviously make a copy for yourself before sending.

Letter from your mother and shipping quotes are good. We also printed out some job and apartments searches for the area where we intent to live. Even though you are not going to apply for any of those specific jobs/apartments, it just shows that you are planning. Just make sure it is clear what your plan is when you move to Canada, that's basically what they want to see, that you have a plan!
Great, thank you! I will be sure to do that.

Thats also a great idea and will highlight that we have a plan in place. Though I'm wondering is it necessary for my mom to notarize the letter?

zacklib

Star Member
Jan 29, 2016
Im not sure if its a requirement to notarise the letter. We did however got it notarized just to be sure
xCami said:
Hey all!

We are finally beginning the PR process and will be applying outland. I have a million questions! haha

My husband has his medical test on Monday here in Florida. Since we are doing it in advance what do we send with the PR application? Will the doctors office give us a form with the medical results for us to mail?

As for my next question what can we send as proof of our intent to move once PR is approved? I'm going to have my mom write a letter saying that we will be living with her while we establish ourselves, look for employment etc. Should she hand write this letter and notarize it? I'm not sure what the best way to go about it would be.

Would things like airline quotes, shipping quotes, proof we've shipped boxes to Canada already be enough?

Thanks everyone:)

harisyaqoob

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd December 2016
AOR Received.
9th December 2016
File Transfer...
SA : December 20th 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
I just had a letter typed in Word by my spouse's parents and they signed it. It wasn't notarized. However, I feel that if you notarize it, it will be better. Just makes your case stronger.

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
I don't think it is necessary to get it notarized, we didn't get anything notarized for our application other than the official translations of documents that we needed. But not letters.