+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pr lmia

prabhanjan

Oct 9, 2015
Hello,
Myself and my wife are here in canada on work permit.And our daughter is born in canada.Her birth certificate has been received.Soon i will apply for her canadian passport.
And my employer wants to give me PR LMIA to support my PR application after one year of work.

1) Can anyone tell me about this LMIA ?
2) Can i apply for PR ownself before getting this LMIA ?
3) And how much is the chances of getting PR in this circumstances ? :-[

jack_is_jack

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
prabhanjan said:
Hello,
Myself and my wife are here in canada on work permit.And our daughter is born in canada.Her birth certificate has been received.Soon i will apply for her canadian passport.
And my employer wants to give me PR LMIA to support my PR application after one year of work.

1. LMIA ? It's a labor market opinion, basically your employer need to prove that you are better for this position than any other Canadian citizen or pr holder. It takes from 2 to 12 month :)
2. Depends on the program, do you know about Express Entry?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
prabhanjan said:
Hello,

Just to clarify that even if your daughter was born in Canada that will not influence your PR application whether an LMIA or Express entry.

prabhanjan

Oct 9, 2015
Before it was called as LMO( Labour Market opinion).Now as per CIC ,the name has been changed to LMIA(Labour Market Impact Assesment).
I know the fact that being born in Canada of my daughter isn't goin to help us in getting PR.

I just wanna know -what is PR lmia / lmo or whatever it is ?
And My employer has already an PR lmo ready to give right away to me.But he is waiting for my decision to join his company.
But as i have never heard about pr lmia ,so i posted here on canadavisa.
Please reply if u know something about it. Thank you

jack_is_jack

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
prabhanjan said:
Before it was called as LMO( Labour Market opinion).Now as per CIC ,the name has been changed to LMIA(Labour Market Impact Assesment).
I know the fact that being born in Canada of my daughter isn't goin to help us in getting PR.

I just wanna know -what is PR lmia / lmo or whatever it is ?
And My employer has already an PR lmo ready to give right away to me.But he is waiting for my decision to join his company.
But as i have never heard about pr lmia ,so i posted here on canadavisa.
Please reply if u know something about it. Thank you
It's LMIA with PR support. The thing that gives you extra 50 points in Express Entry system. So it's not like instant getting the PR, but you will have bonus in the system.