+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Landing Interview received only for dependent (Principal Applicant is missing) from CIC-Etobicoke

pmuthuk1982

May 10, 2018
Hi All,

I have received the below mail from CIC-Etobicoke-Landings.

"Attached to this email is a letter indicating the date and time of your permanent resident landing interview at CIC Etobicoke. Please print this letter and bring it with you to your interview. Also attached is a document detailing the photo requirements for your confirmation of permanent residence document....."

My Question below:

I have gone through your mail and the attachment. For my Application we supposed to receive Permanent resident landing interview for Me (Principal Applicant), Spouse and dependent Child. But as per the attached document, we got only the PR interview only for my Spouse.
For myself (Principal Applicant) and my dependent Child, we haven’t received the PR landing Interview and I checked my emails as well. I am not able to find any email in SPAM folder.

Did any one faced this kind of situation? Please guide me what I need to do in this case?

Please help me on this.

-- Prabhu

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Hi there,

No need to worry. It's probably delayed and you'll receive an email soon. My suggestion: call CIC centre and seek some answers. Take a note of the time and the ID of the agent (just in case). If you couldn't get any answers, get to your local MP, they will usually get back to you with solid answers in 48 hours. But this is if you're really worried.

I'm sure everything is fine. Just stay patient.

Best of luck,

pmuthuk1982

May 10, 2018
Hi there,

No need to worry. It's probably delayed and you'll receive an email soon. My suggestion: call CIC centre and seek some answers. Take a note of the time and the ID of the agent (just in case). If you couldn't get any answers, get to your local MP, they will usually get back to you with solid answers in 48 hours. But this is if you're really worried.

I'm sure everything is fine. Just stay patient.

Best of luck,
Thank you for your response.

I got a mail for me as well and it was sitting in my mailbox. My bad. I have scanned all my mails again and found interview letter for myself as well.

Later I got a call from CIC team. They have responded me that for dependent children, they will not issue interview letter. I can bring them for the interview directly.

Reactions: rezafc

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Thank you for your response.

I got a mail for me as well and it was sitting in my mailbox. My bad. I have scanned all my mails again and found interview letter for myself as well.

Later I got a call from CIC team. They have responded me that for dependent children, they will not issue interview letter. I can bring them for the interview directly.
Good to know. All the best mate and welcome to Canada. :)

crackvisa

Sep 12, 2018
Hi @pmuthuk1982, Congrats on the landing interview. How did the interview go? I am almost in the same situation where I received the landings interview at etobicoke office this week w/o PPR request. I am a dependent applicant who got the landings interview email but my spouse (primary applicant) did not receive the email.. Please let me know if this is ok? Thank you!

Je-an

Apr 20, 2018
Good afternoon.I also received a letter from CIC of my final determination for Permanent residence interview. I am not familiar with this set up,because Ive seen that they normally do passport request.My dependent is outside canada and our PR application is IN CAnada.But they request for the photograph of my self and for each person in my family that is being processed for PR in Canada.Is it automatically that they can get their PR since they are included in my application.? Thank you very much and I will really appreciate your response.

pmuthuk1982

May 10, 2018
Hi @pmuthuk1982, Congrats on the landing interview. How did the interview go? I am almost in the same situation where I received the landings interview at etobicoke office this week w/o PPR request. I am a dependent applicant who got the landings interview email but my spouse (primary applicant) did not receive the email.. Please let me know if this is ok? Thank you!
Hi. My interview went well and overall the process completed in 10 mins. Now we r PR .
We got PR card exactly in 2 months including my dependants.

For your case, scan your email box thoroughly. Your spouse email would have arrived. Search with "Etobicoke" in mailbox.

If you still not getting it, call CIC and inform them.

All the best.!!

Je-an

Apr 20, 2018
Hi. My interview went well and overall the process completed in 10 mins. Now we r PR .
We got PR card exactly in 2 months including my dependants.

For your case, scan your email box thoroughly. Your spouse email would have arrived. Search with "Etobicoke" in mailbox.

If you still not getting it, call CIC and inform them.

All the best.!!
Hi ,what program did you apply for?

pmuthuk1982

May 10, 2018
Good afternoon.I also received a letter from CIC of my final determination for Permanent residence interview. I am not familiar with this set up,because Ive seen that they normally do passport request.My dependent is outside canada and our PR application is IN CAnada.But they request for the photograph of my self and for each person in my family that is being processed for PR in Canada.Is it automatically that they can get their PR since they are included in my application.? Thank you very much and I will really appreciate your response.
Yes. You will doing direct inlanding in Canada itself. Nothing to worry. Very easy process. This process will take only 10-15 mins. You have to give ur photos, passport. You and your dependants interview on the same time. You can go in a family.

They will issue you a COPR and it will have all the information about you. Officer will ask you to validate and then you will sign it.(Incase of any correction, they will issue the updated COPR Immediately). After that you will become PR officially. And your will PR card will be delivered in 8-10 weeks.

I hope your dependant has visa to enter Canada. Incase she cannot travel immediately, may be you can reschedule the interview. Please note that your dependants should be in-person for the interview.

Wish you all the best!!

Alex_hope

Feb 19, 2019
Hello!! In my case, the primary applicant received landing interview, but dependent applicants who live in another country haven't got PPR!! Did your dependent applicants receive PPR yet? If they did, they received before or after landing interview? Thank you in advance!!

Amrinderbajwa

Jan 28, 2019
Hello!! In my case, the primary applicant received landing interview, but dependent applicants who live in another country haven't got PPR!! Did your dependent applicants receive PPR yet? If they did, they received before or after landing interview? Thank you in advance!!
Hi, same is the case wwit us my husband has got pr but for me being dependent in India we haven't recreceid ppr. Plz help

anna111

Star Member
May 1, 2012

Hi,

Did your dependants got their PR already? When and how. We have the same situation.

Your answer will help me with my confusion. Thanks.

Hi. We have the same situation. Did your dependants receive their PR already? Please tell me when and how?

aa0013

Dec 5, 2017
hey my case is just as similar to you.. even i am worried because i got my landing interview letter but my spouse did not get any interview or ppr as yet.. let me know how long does it take and if its done in your case. Thankyou so much