+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR landing in Montreal?

hnjani2004

Jan 10, 2020
Did you any do their landing in Montreal, Quebec for PR - express entry? If yes, how was the experience? I plan to drive to Montreal from Boston for my soft landing. Is it safe?

denzrambo

Jun 29, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
22-08-2018
Did you any do their landing in Montreal, Quebec for PR - express entry? If yes, how was the experience? I plan to drive to Montreal from Boston for my soft landing. Is it safe?
This is very tricky if you are under express entry as CBCA officer might ask fro CSQ if you are not under Quebec PR program and chances of a rejection would occur ! Give any other crossing a try other than Montreal ! Then you could travel onto you're destination in Quebec.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
From what I have learned, if you try to land anywhere in Quebec as a PR, they will cancel it and throw you out. Quebec has their own immigration system to select the kind of immigrants they want and they do not participate in EE or any other Federal government immigration programs.

I also read that you can land as a PR anywhere in Canada outside of Quebec and travel there by road once your landing process is complete, not sure if you can live or work there.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can land in Montreal if you can show that your final destination is outside of Quebec, but I would avoid Quebec as the plague if you’re an EE PR recipient.

hnjani2004

Jan 10, 2020
Thank you all for your help. Does this stand true if I am just doing a soft landing too? I am driving in Montreal with my CoPR and get my PR activated and return. Does anyone know about PR landing in New Brunswick?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you all for your help. Does this stand true if I am just doing a soft landing too? I am driving in Montreal with my CoPR and get my PR activated and return. Does anyone know about PR landing in New Brunswick?
So you’re driving from USA to Montreal to land by car then go to New Brunswick? This can work if you can show your last destination is NB. Where are you coming from? There might be a better route that doesn’t include Quebec.

hnjani2004

Jan 10, 2020
Since you all recommended that Quebec can be a hassle, I was thinking to drive to New Brunswick port of entry directly from Boston via Maine. I hope New Brunswick doesn't have any weird rules. How does that sound?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
New Brunswick is great. Do you want to settle in Quebec as a final destination?

hnjani2004

Jan 10, 2020
Great. I am just planning to do a soft landing and return back to US. I don't intend to settle in Quebec. I might move to Toronto or Vancouver in the future. What do you mean by final destination? Is that something mentioned on the CoPR?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The copr will indicate the city you mentioned to settle in on your pr application. Which province and city did you mention?

hnjani2004

Jan 10, 2020
The CoPR indicates Toronto, Ontario. But that is independent of where I go for my landing I guess, right? Also, I was under the impression that one can always go anywhere in Canada with the Express entry right?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I’d recommend traveling west to Massena, NY and land at Cornwall, ON. More realistic to land in Ontario to travel to Toronto and shorter distance from Boston.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Just land in Quebec if it’s close to you. You can land there with no issues. I personally landed in Stanstead, QC on the road from Vermont

denzrambo

Jun 29, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
22-08-2018
The CoPR indicates Toronto, Ontario. But that is independent of where I go for my landing I guess, right? Also, I was under the impression that one can always go anywhere in Canada with the Express entry right?

Land wherever you are comfortable with! some folk have made it by landing in Quebec itself without issues but most of them as a safe route land elsewhere(peace of mind--like me :) ) and then travel to Quebec.Yes ! You can route to anywhere even through you have mentioned Ontario.