+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Landing- Flight to Ottawa via Toronto - where should be the procedure

ShreeS

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Hi Guys,
I am going do landing from US by air(landing and return after 4 days), my destination is Ottawa via Toronto. Where I have to go for PR landing procedures? in Toronto or Ottawa ? but I have 1 hours gap for next flight.
- If I dont do landing procedure in Toronto, will I be allowed for next flight to Ottawa?
-If I have to do landing procedure in Toronto how long it might take and what all the procedures I need to compulsory at first time landing?

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
Hi Guys,
I am going do landing from US by air(landing and return after 4 days), my destination is Ottawa via Toronto. Where I have to go for PR landing procedures? in Toronto or Ottawa ? but I have 1 hours gap for next flight.
- If I dont do landing procedure in Toronto, will I be allowed for next flight to Ottawa?
-If I have to do landing procedure in Toronto how long it might take and what all the procedures I need to compulsory at first time landing?
you will have to complete all formalities in Toronto.
You have to do everything in Toronto, no way out. Depending on the time, it might take 1-2 hours.

Reactions: ShreeS

ShreeS

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
you will have to complete all formalities in Toronto.
You have to do everything in Toronto, no way out. Depending on the time, it might take 1-2 hours.
I have exactly 1 hour 20 mins, it is a connecting flight from US to Ottawa. Thinking for alternative approach as plan B.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have exactly 1 hour 20 mins, it is a connecting flight from US to Ottawa. Thinking for alternative approach as plan B.
Given how busy Toronto usually is, it could easily take longer than that.

ShreeS

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
my flight is non refundable ticket, I was thinking as it is a connecting flight between US and Ottawa it should not be a problem. But not sure.
within 1 hr 20 mins changing flight itself is a tough thing, I dont think this landing procedure can be done within that time frame in Toronto. I have to miss Ottawa flight then I have to drive by car is the only option if I miss that flight.

1.As it is a connecting flight will I be be allowed to board Ottawa flight if i am not done with landing procedure in Toronto itself?

Last edited:

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
As already said above you complete your landing, immigration/customs in Toronto and will have to join any queue of people doing the same thing. Until that is complete you cannot make the connection without abandoning your landing so sure you could make the Ottawa flight but then the trip would be pointless given no immigration for the domestic flight into Ottawa.

Reactions: ShreeS

ShreeS

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
As already said above you complete your landing, immigration/customs in Toronto and will have to join any queue of people doing the same thing. Until that is complete you cannot make the connection without abandoning your landing so sure you could make the Ottawa flight but then the trip would be pointless given no immigration for the domestic flight into Ottawa.
Thanks for the info, I have to miss the Ottawa flight after landing procedure and have to take the drive by car to ottawa is the only option left!.