11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Braveman - Fort Erie
braveman said:
Hi friends
Hey.....finally I did my Flagpoling last evening at Fort Erie, ON (peace bridge).
We reached CBSA office around 6.45 pm and informed the officer that we have to do Flapoling
The officer took us to immigration counter inside and requested to wait in the line.
We were waiting for almost 25 mins , after that we got a call from immigration officer.

We presented our passports and CoRP to him. He reviewed our passports and told us to sign on the forms. We said that there are some corrections in CoPR, but he told that it doesn't matter and we will get the PR card in 4-6 weeks time. They never questioned about work permits, bank statement (proof of fund). They striked down the PR visa and attached CoPR form to the passport. Also they placed a seal on our passports with date, place and a 10 digit number Txxxxxxxx. Finally he gave his fancy speech. Since we have 3+ years work experience in Canada, I was told that after 2 years we will be eligible for citizenship. So the actual process of PR Landing took just 15 minutes.

So excited and privileged :) proud permanent residents of Canada!
Congrats Braveman

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
IMMIGRANT7 - CARWAY, AB
After hearing so much from my friends and from online, about the Carway Border officers, I set out to do my landing, really nervous. I reached the Border at about a quarter to 10 or so. My Friend was driving the car. Crossed the border and met the US folks and said we are here for the flagpoling. They took our Passports and told us there's some paper work, so park the car and come inside. We did so. In about a couple of minutes, the officer there called us and asked us about where we are heading and our status in Canada. Once done, he gave a printed paper with our names in it, mentioning about the " Refused entry to US".
We got into the car and U turned to Canada. There the Officer asked us about the intent. Verified our IDs and gave us a Yellow slip with Immigration written on it. We were asked to park the car and get into the office. We did so. Another officer attended us and took the Passpot, COPR, Paper from US border and Work Permit from me and my wife. He asked me to write the mailing address on a paper. He kept asking questions to us while I was writing. It was about whether you were convicted for any cause before, in Canada...anywhere in the World. He asked us to wait inside the waiting room. He had no issues, for having our friend with us in the office and waiting room.

After about 20 minutes, we heard the speaker in the room going, "Come on in guys". The officer asked us to Sign in the COPR (both originals and Copy) and then told us, those sweet words..." You both are now, Permanent Residents of Canada, which is like having all the rights of a Citizen, but cant vote or have a Canadian passport. Please go to the nearest Service Canada centre and get your new SIN card. Everything required is mentioned in this document". And handed over our passports, COPR copy and the info document, to us.

He held on to our Work Permit, and said, we dont need it anymore, So he's not going to return it to is. Gave us opportunity to ask any related questions. Thats it ...We Came out. US Border crossing, Cnadian PR Landing, evrything took about 30 minutes.

I was so happy that no officers were rude or un-welcoming. And not at all looked like they were fed up of doing PR works. Maybe because I was in there early on Saturday and the office just had us, both when in US border and CBS office.
CBS officer didnt ask for Photographs, Bank Statments, address proofs etc. But it is always a safe thing to carry them, just in case if they are not in their best of the moods.

And most importantly, choose a good timing. Early mornings are good. Friday evenings and Sunday evenings are not the best options.

All the best for others here, who are waiting for the PP and who are planning for landing soon.
Regards,
Immigrant7

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Also to mention about the COPR:
When the Officer asked me whether everything was OK in the COPR, I told him about the mistake in the Original and Last entry date fields. He said, that's OK. He filled the COPR at three places. 1) Became PR at : 2) Became PR on: 3) Flight No: and then Signed with date.

He told us to expect the PR card anytime between 4 and 12 weeks.

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
OHKIDDA - NIAGARA

OHKIDDA said:
landed yesterday at rainbow bridge. pretty painless experience.

1. took a train from toronto to niagara falls. i recommend NOT taking train #97 VIA/Amtrak as these contain Americans so it's a different experience. it's crowded and you can see who the americans are. they look dirty and dingy.

and the train back in the evening is usually delayed by about 1 hour. this train (#98) comes from new york, and niagara falls, ontario, is where they have to go through Canadian customs. so, the train comes in around 4:45-5:15, and doesn't leave towards toronto until 6:30. it's supposed to leave at 5:45. f you have the option, take the GO train, or obviously, get a friend to drive you or drive by yourself.

2. got off the train station, took a cab towards the bridge--around $10, ~5-7 minutes.
3. the pedestrian entrance is a bit awkward as there no sidewalks going in (where the cars are turning onto the bridge). there is a duty free shop with a parking lot. i cut through the parking lot and went around the duty free until i saw the "pedestrian bridge" sign.

4. followed the sign, and about 10-20 feet after the sign is the entrance to the bridge. had some change. and put the 50 cents into the slot.

5. walked to the other side--i strolled slowly and it took under 10 minutes. so if you're walking fast, you can probably cross it in 5-7 minutes.

6. got to the US side. opened the first door. there were 3 or 4 people ahead of me. after they got their turn and the line moved forward, i stood behind another door that looked like the entrance to a cage. it's totally american. makes you feel like cattle about to be slaughtered.

7. the american VOs shout "NEEXTTTTTT" as there are no speakers or anything. so you have to pay attention when they call you.
8. got to the VO. he was really nice. told him right away i was just here to land. he sent me to the waiting area. i waited about 20 minutes. while waiting, they cleared about 50 chinese tourists (on two different buses). i felt bad for the tourists. the waiting area is small so fitting 30 tourists at once is kinda loud and messy. so it's hard to hear the VOs shout "NEXXTTTTT". so i saw a few of them look nervous.

8. the US VOs aren't rude, but they definitely take themselves seriously. they definitely have a certain personality as they think of themselves as the defender of AMEERRICAAAAAAAA. my suggestion would be to just be straight and simple. don't be angry or frustrated. but also don't try to be funny or warm. they don't give a sh8. and, they aren't loud and curt with just brown people. they are like that to old blonde ladies. my VO was actually pleasant.

9. anyway, after about 20 minutes of waiting, being stared at by people (i was the only one in the waiting area) who probably thought i was trying to sneak in, the VO came back and gave me a white paper with the refusal on it. he said "you're all set" and took me back through the door i came in. so you don't have to pay the toll on the US side ---but i don't know if that's regular. you MAY have to. so don't worry if your procedure is slightly different.

10. walked back. took a photo. you're literally walking next to cars for the duration of the bridge. i was walking next to a lady from texas who was recording the view through the passenger window. i said "am i in your shot?" and in her american drawl, she goes "oh noo, hon, you're perrrfect." i thought she was going to say something racist like "i hope you fall off the bridge you darkie." so, not everyone from texas is a raging racist.

11. got to the Canadian side, entered the door, told VO i was here to complete landing. showed him the paper from the US side. he gave me a yellow slip and told me to walk across the street to the other building. i entered and the building is the opposite of the american side. it's light. airy. there are trees. and it's big and open.

12. waited in line, and it looked like there was another couple waiting to land as i could see their CoPRs.
13. got called, told the VO i was here to land. gave him the yellow slip. he told me to check over for mistakes. and told me to wait. he was really nice as well. there's also this good looking lady VO there. but i didn't get to meet her. the american side is all a bunch of tough looking guys, probably guys who used to beat up nerds in school.

14. after about 10 minutes, he called me over again. told me to answer the two question on your CoPR (crime and something else i forgot). i had to write the answer on the CoPR.

15. told me to sign. and then told me i was officially a PR. described my residency obligations. and told me to walk over to another counter (right next to him on the other side of the long counter)

16. i think this was customs. but the people on this side of the counter didn't have any uniforms. they looked like a couple of grad students workign in the university information centre. asked me about any goods to follow. i said no and then she said "you're good to go."

17. i left the building. and walked over to the starbucks and had an $8 latte. from walking on to the bridge to go to the US side, to being done and over at starbucks, i'd say it took about an hour. i got in to town at 10:50-11ish. can't remember. and was done around noon. later, i had a $20 shwarma plate. just shwarma, with rice, some vegies, humus, and a pita bread. this would normally cost $8-10 in kitchener! it wasn't even that good.

18. my train back wasn't for another 5 hours. so i walked around. the tourists are non-stop. they're obviously everywhere and actually ruin the whole falls experience. it was pouring rain so i got soaked. but luckily, had an umbrella.

19. there isn't a lot to do there other than rides, haunted houses, etc. so, if you aren't into these things, you are NOT going to have a good time. i walked for hours.

20. that's it. i should get my PR card in about 8 weeks as the VO told me.

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Thanks iamroth...
Whatever I could do to help the fellow applicants... Just would like to assist by this info, which infat helped me to mentally prepare :)

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
XIXI-WAWA - Carway, AB
Hello :
I landed today @ carway ,wasn't t too happy experience ,but anyways I got it done .

sabidhawan

Star Member
Jul 14, 2011
So guys, i completed my landing yesterday in the evening around 8:30 pm . As previously mentioned by other users i drove to Peace Bridge and made a U turn right before entering the US side. Board is not that clear in the night time so just be lil more careful. All the lanes were empty so pulled into one of the lanes where the officer asked me where i am coming from . I told him that i reside in Canada and i made a U turn to complete the landing procedure .He asked me if i have any good to declare or if any good will follow later . He asked me to roll down the windows of the car and asked me if i have imported my car to which i replied that its registered in Canada and he replied 'Oh never mind' then he gave me a yellow slip ans asked me to park in one of the parking. When i went it the building was empty but every counter had a CBSA agent (Waste of resources ) chatting with each other . I waled in and was called one of the lady CBSA agent. She asked me for my COPR and passport. Not sure if she forgot to wear her glasses or something but she couldnt read properly and i had to read lot of stuff for her lol . She didnt check my current workpermit , my current Visa or even the expiry of the passport. Didnt ask for any other paperwork and after filling the COPR form she congratulated me and i was on my way in less then 10 min . Finally i am a PR now and i wish all the best to everyone waiting .

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
COngrats and Thanks Sabhidawan

IMMI_123

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
As immigrant7 suggested,

on 21st Oct, I sent an email to CIC about my passport. The next day , my tracker got activated and I received my passport on 23rd Oct. Though my Visa was issued on 8th Oct itself, not sure why they kept PP and COPR till I sent them a reminder. I waited almost 30 days for my PP and COPR to come back. I think, wait and watch game sometimes doesn't work.
I think, its better to send an email about PP and COPR after two weeks or so. Anyhow, it ended well. We completed landing at Fort Erie on Saturday ( 26th Oct).
It was really smooth. Made the U turn and waited for 30 minutes in the car and went inside and out in 15 minutes. Total 45 minutes. The lady at the counter didn't ask for any documents other then PP and COPR. I even offered my WP if we need to return it and she said she will shred it anyhow and asked me keep it for my records.

It took little over a year for complete process. Our app was received on 11 Oct 2012. MR came on 10th July 2013. Medicals completed on 23rd July at Dr. Saldanah, mississauga. CIC received the results and 31st and reviewed and passed on the same day ( according to GCMS).
Then received RPRF,biodata,PPR on 18th Sept. CIC received everything on 23rd Sept. received PP and COPR on 23rd Oct and landed on 26th Oct.

Thanks for all your suggestions during the process. Tons of valuable information around here. I wish every other discussion forum is like this. Initially we wanted to go for a lawyer, but after seeing several threads here , we decided to go by ourselves and its the best decision we made. We saved at least $3000.

All the best to those who are still waiting. Just sit tight & wait and watch.
Thanks

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Thanks a lot, IMMI_123... That was good...
Anything we could help others...

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
LEIB - Fort Erie
Landed on October 25th 2013 at Fort Erie Peace Bridge.

The landing itself was very quick and very smooth... we went there early morning (around 820 am), the office was empty so no waiting time... the process itself took around 15-20 minutes altogether for 3 ppl (two parents and one child). The officer was very nice and didnt ask any questions or requested any documents...

so altogether it took 20 (!!!!!!!) months to get it!

fullofsunshine

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 9th, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 8th, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
July 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 3, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 26, 2013
I landed on Oct 26 in Carway, Alberta. There were lots of bad experiences about Carway office, but I still went for it.

We arrived around 11AM, the office questioned why we drive all the way to boarder, not landing at the local office. I thought the question is unfriendly. When we waiting inside the office, we are told that landing is the last thing they are handling and they were short of staff on that day, so a longer waiting time is expected. After all, we waited for half an hour and got landed. I brought some supporting document, but they didn't ask for any of them. Although the experience was not pleasing, but I'm happy that I got PR status. :)

chandn

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.