Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
This thread is created for people who have landed in Canada via Express entry in 2022 and beyond. Landing post pandemic has been a different experience for many, so I have created this thread to help people who will be landing soon. Please share your experience in detail focusing on do's and don'ts, your experience with immigration officers, experience in getting your SIN, applying to PR card, etc.

D

Deleted member 1006777

This thread is created for people who have landed in Canada via Express entry in 2022 and beyond. Landing post pandemic has been a different experience for many, so I have created this thread to help people who will be landing soon. Please share your experience in detail focusing on do's and don'ts, your experience with immigration officers, experience in getting your SIN, applying to PR card, etc.
Maybe tagging some people will help the thread gain traction. @dankboi

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Had shared my landing experience here - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/landing-experience-11th-jan-2022-from-delhi-to-montreal-del-yul-using-air-canada-direct-flight.754915/

Might be a bit old, but happy to help with any queries related to landing, SIN, health card (BC) etc.

To add, I had encounters with IRCC in every possible way :D
1. COPR expired due to Covid lockdown, renewed it in 2021 within 3 months by IRCC
2. PRTD application - took almost 3.5 months from application submission to passport stamping
3. Delayed PR Card as the card was returned to IRCC

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
you can browse this section as well - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/settlement-issues.14/

Reactions: RSub

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
From Facebook:

Landing Experience at Pearson YYZ
Landed on 20th Sept on an Air Canada Flight
Since it was the first flight of the morning the airport was empty.
As soon as we exited the plane, we got to the Kiosks. There were many available as airport was empty. That basically is a customs declaration kiosk where you scan your passport and enter some details and a picture is taken. You are then given a printout. You walk to the agent right after the kiosk. And mention that you are landing as a PR for the first time. The agent will cross out the paper you got from the kiosk and will ask you to move forward.
Right behind the counter another agent will guide you to a room where you will complete your Landing formalities. Again this was empty and I was able to see the agent right away without a queue.
I mentioned that Im landing for the first time as a PR. He asked me for the COPR and Passport. Questions asked :
1) have you been convicted of a crime
2) have you been deported or refused entry
3) are there other dependents other than the ones mentioned in the application
4) how much money have you brought
Basically, all questions apart from the cash question were from the COPR. The agent writes down no beside the questions and asks you to sign both copies of the COPR.
He then asks if you have a Canadian address and notes it down. I asked him about the PR card and he mentioned that the PR card will be delivered to the given address
Then he said
Congratulations

, welcome to Canada !
Was a very smooth experience, and I got done with everything in around 20 mins. But I am sure if the airport gets busy later on during the day. The wait times might increase.
Since my Check In was in the afternoon and I got done around 6 AM. I kept my luggage at the hotel and took a taxi to Service Canada to get my SIN. Even though I got there before their opening time of 8AM. There was a long queue which got longer as it approached to 8AM. I waited in line for around an hour and thirty minutes. For the SIN i was asked, my ZIP code and address. And then I got my SIN !
So yes, this was my experience, it might help someone that is about to land for the first time.
Thank you and Good luck !

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
From Facebook:

Landing experience in Toronto (YYZ) 23rd September
Overall, it was a smooth process and got completed in 1.5hrs . After Landing, will have to do basic data entry in a kiosk. I was carrying more than 10k cad,so for me it was a yes and i declared it. Then will be moved to Cbsa counter for copr signature. There an officer will ask some basic questions and will sign Copr. Here,they also ask for an address for sending PR card. Finally, you can collect baggage and vist custom declaration counter for showing Goods accompanying and goods to follow along with currency declaration form(if you have anything to declare). They will record it and give a receipt and that's it . We can leave the airport and start Canadian dreams. Hope this helps someone.

Reactions: mimi234 and Buho09

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
From Facebook:

Landing experience-
Took a morning flight from NY (London-NY-Toronto) and landed at 9:30 am. Took just 15 mins to do all the formalities and we’re outside the Airport.
SIM cards, SIN and Bank
House hunting is on which looks like a task for now. The market looks steep.
Family of 2.
A journey of around 3 years of patience and perseverance. It all makes sense in the end

Reactions: mimi234 and Buho09

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
From Facebook:

Posting about my soft landing experience:
I did soft landing on 29th June on Toronto Airport. I flew from Dublin to Toronto in Air Transat and in flight experience was good.
My trip was only for a week. On landing, we were directed along with rest of the crowd to declaration kiosks where we had to declare what all items we are bringing. It was quick since we didnt have anything apart from our luggage.
Then we were directed to Immigration counters and the queue was really small. Our turn came up in 10 minutes and the lady over the counters only asked if this is our first time and if we have an address in Canada for PR cards. Apart from that just standard questions about refusal of entry in Canada previously.
That's it! No proofs for PoF or anything else. Mine and my wife's CoPR were stamped and she said we can expect our PR Cards to arrive in about 2-4 months.
As expected I cant link my PR Card application with CIC account.
We took a week's airbnb stay in Brampton. And I would suggest you NOT to do that and book a stay in or near Toronto even it is bit expensive. Obviously if you have family in Brampton, it is ok. We ended up spending more time and money on our transport to Toronto almost everyday and there's nothing to explore in Brampton.
Next day morning we went to Service Canada in Brampton for SIN. We got in queue at 12 noon and our turns came up at 3PM. Queue wasn't that long but it was taking time inside. However, SIN application took only 10 minutes for us.
and that's it! We explored Canada for the rest of our trip and I'm writing this post from airport waiting for my Dublin flight.
Enjoy guys and do let me know if any queries!
Thanks

d3ftar

Mar 19, 2021
I landed on Sep 12 at Vancouver and had the same experience as other folks above but haven't seen any updates on PR Card yet. No links to GCKey or any email.

Reactions: Buho09 and RSub

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
From Facebook:

Landing experience at YYZ Toronto- 3rd October
We took Air France from Delhi to Toronto with a layover at Paris! Great service throughout! Seats in economy are not crammed. Washrooms are clean!
Since we had the same airline, didn't have to worry about our luggage.
No transit visa was needed at Paris since we stayed in the international zone at the airport itself during our layover
After deplaning at Toronto, we went straight to the kiosks. Scanned our passport, verified our cbsa declaration (we had already filled it on Arrivecan), the kiosk took a picture and gave us a receipt. This receipt is very imp. Also details of all travellers under same application must be filled in together at the kiosk so you will get one receipt for all
Proceeded to immigration
Long queue. Took about 45 mins to reach the officer's counter. He asked 1-2 basic questions like have you been convicted of any crime in India or any other country ever?!
Stamped our COPR and we were good to go
The customs agent didn't ask us for anything. Just took the receipt from the kiosk!
Overall very smooth and hassle free experience
Hope this helps!

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
Hello everyone !!
I am planning to visit for two weeks, PR landing formality(soft landing)
Do I need a travel insurance?

Reactions: RSub

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
hello folks!
from London, ON.
June 04 2022- landed with a Study permit and while waiting in the immigration queue I received PPR for my PNP App. Informed IRCC 2 days later and requested them to change it to E-Copr and received PR card on second week of July. At the immigration not a single question was asked.

marc06

Jul 12, 2016
From Facebook:

Posting about my soft landing experience:
I did soft landing on 29th June on Toronto Airport. I flew from Dublin to Toronto in Air Transat and in flight experience was good.
My trip was only for a week. On landing, we were directed along with rest of the crowd to declaration kiosks where we had to declare what all items we are bringing. It was quick since we didnt have anything apart from our luggage.
Then we were directed to Immigration counters and the queue was really small. Our turn came up in 10 minutes and the lady over the counters only asked if this is our first time and if we have an address in Canada for PR cards. Apart from that just standard questions about refusal of entry in Canada previously.
That's it! No proofs for PoF or anything else. Mine and my wife's CoPR were stamped and she said we can expect our PR Cards to arrive in about 2-4 months.
As expected I cant link my PR Card application with CIC account.
We took a week's airbnb stay in Brampton. And I would suggest you NOT to do that and book a stay in or near Toronto even it is bit expensive. Obviously if you have family in Brampton, it is ok. We ended up spending more time and money on our transport to Toronto almost everyday and there's nothing to explore in Brampton.
Next day morning we went to Service Canada in Brampton for SIN. We got in queue at 12 noon and our turns came up at 3PM. Queue wasn't that long but it was taking time inside. However, SIN application took only 10 minutes for us.
and that's it! We explored Canada for the rest of our trip and I'm writing this post from airport waiting for my Dublin flight.
Enjoy guys and do let me know if any queries!
Thanks
Hi great news about your soft landing experience, congratulations. We reside in the UK and are also looking to have a soft landing next month in Toronto. Please can you share exactly what you said your intention was to the immigration officer who attended to you? Also, when it came to providing an address for the postage of your PR card, how did you respond to this question as well? Knowing fully well that whenever one is ready to relocate to Canada at a more convenient time one can obtain a PRTD. Your response to these queries would be highly appreciated.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hi great news about your soft landing experience, congratulations. We reside in the UK and are also looking to have a soft landing next month in Toronto. Please can you share exactly what you said your intention was to the immigration officer who attended to you? Also, when it came to providing an address for the postage of your PR card, how did you respond to this question as well? Knowing fully well that whenever one is ready to relocate to Canada at a more convenient time one can obtain a PRTD. Your response to these queries would be highly appreciated.
This is from Facebook group not my experience. But someone may respond to your query,