+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Landing at Sarnia (Blue Water Bridge) - March 2018

Jamming

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Completed my landing procedure at Blue Water Bridge today (Sarnia)

Myy timeline (CEC Inland)
AOR - Jan 6, 2018
PPR email - Feb 14, 2018
Passport sent to CPC-OTTAWA - Feb 16, 2018
Passport delivered to CPC_OTTAWA - Feb 19, 2018
Received Passport back with COPR - February 26th, 2018
Completed Landing procedure - March 4th, 2018

So my journey went like this:
Saturday morning - Rent a car and drove to Port Huron, Birchwood Mall. At the US Border, told the immigration officer that we are going to do some shopping and then land when we got back. He asked why did we come all this way and not go to Niagara Falls, told him we worked during the week and can't get the time to go Tues-Thursday. He was friendly and expect for the 10 minutes wait in the line, we didn't have any other delays. Note: all four of us have US Visitor Visa.

Saturday Afternoon / evening - Did some shopping at Birchwood Mall, nothing fancy about the mall, just a Target, JC Penny and Macy (closing down sale - got a few good deals), the area though have other smaller malls with plenty of shopping options. Lunch at Applebees and then stayed at Fairfield Inn close to the bridge.

Sunday Morning - ate a very good breakfast at the hotel, would definitely stay again and recommend to anyone, reasonable price and lovely staff. We reached the border about 9am and there was one car in front of us. Was told to park at Immigration Section and given a yellow slip to go in. We didn't have to pay taxes on the goods because he said we were within our CAD200 limit per person.

Landing experience was really good. The CBSA officer was really friendly, and asked why we came all this way, and that we should have just called the number on our letter and get the appointment at the office and be done within 15 minutes. He also asked us to tell all our friends who already in Canada, and need to do landing to do it at the CIC office instead of going to a land border. He warned that if they had other persons doing landing and coming to Canada for the first time, then they would have prioritize them over us, and that in the future they might stop allowing people already in Canada to do landing at the land borders (another couple came in just as he said that, hello to the lady and gentleman from Colarado, first time in Canada, welcome if you are on this forum).

Anyways, the CBSA Officer was really friendly with the children, small talk and joking with them, and ask the usual questions (as already documented on this forum). He then asked us to take a seat. In 15 minutes he was done with the paperwork for all four of us. Told us to sign our COPR and welcome us to Canada. Gave us advice about maintaining our 2 out of 5 years residency, travelling before receiving the PR card, told us it might take 2 months but he couldn't guarantee they because sometimes they have delays.

Sunday Evening: Reach home and was able to link all four PR card application to My CIC account.

Thanks to this forum and all the members for their help, I will say it again, this is a very positive example of how the internet can bring people across the world to help each other and not to put each other down.

All the best everyone for their COPR and landing procedure

mamiojo

Mar 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello Everyone,

AOR - Jan 6, 2018
PPR email - Feb 14, 2018

Saturday morning - Rent a car and drove to Port Huron, Birchwood Mall. At the US Border, told the immigration officer that we are going to do some shopping and then land when we got back. He asked why did we come all this way and not go to Niagara Falls, told him we worked during the week and can't get the time to go Tues-Thursday. He was friendly and expect for the 10 minutes wait in the line, we didn't have any other delays. Note: all four of us have US Visitor Visa.

Saturday Afternoon / evening - Did some shopping at Birchwood Mall, nothing fancy about the mall, just a Target, JC Penny and Macy (closing down sale - got a few good deals), the area though have other smaller malls with plenty of shopping options. Lunch at Applebees and then stayed at Fairfield Inn close to the bridge.

Sunday Morning - ate a very good breakfast at the hotel, would definitely stay again and recommend to anyone, reasonable price and lovely staff. We reached the border about 9am and there was one car in front of us. Was told to park at Immigration Section and given a yellow slip to go in. We didn't have to pay taxes on the goods because he said we were within our CAD200 limit per person.

Landing experience was really good. The CBSA officer was really friendly, and asked why we came all this way, and that we should have just called the number on our letter and get the appointment at the office and be done within 15 minutes. He also asked us to tell all our friends who already in Canada, and need to do landing to do it at the CIC office instead of going to a land border. He warned that if they had other persons doing landing and coming to Canada for the first time, then they would have prioritize them over us, and that in the future they might stop allowing people already in Canada to do landing at the land borders (another couple came in just as he said that, hello to the lady and gentleman from Colarado, first time in Canada, welcome if you are on this forum).

Anyways, the CBSA Officer was really friendly with the children, small talk and joking with them, and ask the usual questions (as already documented on this forum). He then asked us to take a seat. In 15 minutes he was done with the paperwork for all four of us. Told us to sign our COPR and welcome us to Canada. Gave us advice about maintaining our 2 out of 5 years residency, travelling before receiving the PR card, told us it might take 2 months but he couldn't guarantee they because sometimes they have delays.

Sunday Evening: Reach home and was able to link all four PR card application to My CIC account.

Thanks to this forum and all the members for their help, I will say it again, this is a very positive example of how the internet can bring people across the world to help each other and not to put each other down.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! :)

msmahmood

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

AOR - Jan 6, 2018
PPR email - Feb 14, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your experience, thanks for sharing!
And I would also like to re-iterate to not do flagpoling unless you have an urgency of some sort, because the inland interview only takes about 2 weeks from your call to the date of your landing.

SeineToHumber

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
and that in the future they might stop allowing people already in Canada to do landing at the land borders
Interesting that they would say that, since it seems that CBSA legally has no choice but to land people at Ports of Entry.

FYI: our PR card took ~ 6 weeks to arrive earlier this year.

dap87

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your experience, thanks for sharing!
And I would also like to re-iterate to not do flagpoling unless you have an urgency of some sort, because the inland interview only takes about 2 weeks from your call to the date of your landing.
So you are recommending that inland should book an appointment?

msmahmood

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So you are recommending that inland should book an appointment?
Yes 100%. Let's do our part to not put extra burden on CBSA officers, so the people that actually legitimately need to flagpole wouldn't have extra restrictions applied to them. Case in point, PGWP was taking 3 months at one point, and some employers weren't giving job without seeing a work permit, in that case people absolutely needed to flagpole or lose the job opportunity.

msmahmood

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How to book the appointment with CIC and where is it located?
Call the IRRC main number and say that you have a COPR, they will ask you to confirm your address, once confirmed the agent will tell you which office is nearest. GTA region, the nearest office is in Etobicoke.