+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Landing and driving thru Peace Bridge

VyshuP

Jun 17, 2018
Hey, we are planning to drive to Peace Bridge next week and have few questions about the PR landing. If you have already done a landing there or thru any bridges near by, could you please answer the below for me?
1. Are there any specific days for the landing at Peace Bridge or is it open on weekends as well? What day was it when you had your landing?
2. Also, what is the purpose of visiting the Service Canada center? I saw somebody mention it in their post. Does everybody have to do that on their day of Landing even if our purpose of travel is just PR landing?
3. Did you drive to the Bridge? At what time was your landing? Is there any limit on the number of applicants they accept per day or is it open the whole day?

Appreciate the help, thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey, we are planning to drive to Peace Bridge next week and have few questions about the PR landing. If you have already done a landing there or thru any bridges near by, could you please answer the below for me?
1. Are there any specific days for the landing at Peace Bridge or is it open on weekends as well? What day was it when you had your landing?
2. Also, what is the purpose of visiting the Service Canada center? I saw somebody mention it in their post. Does everybody have to do that on their day of Landing even if our purpose of travel is just PR landing?
3. Did you drive to the Bridge? At what time was your landing? Is there any limit on the number of applicants they accept per day or is it open the whole day?

Appreciate the help, thanks!
1 and 3. Yes, the Peace Bridge has restricted flagpoling times. I believe they only allow a limited amount on a few weekdays. None on weekends. Search the forum to find the restricted times.

2. To get a new SIN. No, you don't have to do it the same day.

VyshuP

Jun 17, 2018
Hi, thank you for the information but I am not flagpoling If I understand the terminology right. I live in USA and want to do my PR landing from USA side next week. Would be doing the landing solely for the immigration purpose and returning back to USA the next morning. Does that still mean flagpoling(sorry for my lack of knowledge on this) ? Also, what are the suggested days and timings for the landing? Thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, thank you for the information but I am not flagpoling If I understand the terminology right. I live in USA and want to do my PR landing from USA side next week. Would be doing the landing solely for the immigration purpose and returning back to USA the next morning. Does that still mean flagpoling(sorry for my lack of knowledge on this) ? Also, what are the suggested days and timings for the landing? Thank you.
If you live in the US, it isn't flagpoling and you can land at any time.

gayfish

Star Member
Jun 17, 2019
What if we take a short sightseeing trip in Buffalo (within few hours) and come back to Canada for landing, would that be considered flagpole?

asharma90

Oct 10, 2019
Guys! Please let me know, should I go to the Peace bridge to do my landing procedure. How is been the waiting time there recently? I have a US Visa so probably they cannot deny me an entry and thus I have to drive into the US and get back to complete the landing. Is there some number of applicants only they take in a day?