+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

ravriener12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
Hello everyone, thank you for all the recommendations here, I too also raised a web form yesterday’s morning and received the PR confirmation letter in my CIC mailbox this afternoon. Although in my letter, it said to send and sign both CoPR with the photograph, which I notice that it’s different from everyone else’s letters.

So before I send the documents off I just want to double check if anyone is on the same boat and what’s your experience.
The letter was prepared by IRCC Vancouver office, so do I send my documents to this office to process my PR card or is there a specific address for it?

Appreciate all the responses.

Edit: Letter is as follow

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) documents in-hand, please send both of them (signed) with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. Please write your current address on the Address section of your CoPR documents (both copies). You may also update your address via your myCICAccount or by contacting the IRCC Client Support Centre: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html
We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period.
We are making every effort to produce and mail your permanent resident card, but there will be delays as our offices are either closed or working at minimum capacity. Issuance of permanent resident cards should gradually resume as COVID-19 related restrictions are eased.
If you leave Canada without a permanent resident card, you will have to apply for a permanent resident travel document through a visa office. Otherwise, you will not be able to board a
commercial vehicle (plane, train, bus or boat) to come back to Canada. Please visit our website for more information.
The UCI in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number and it provides access to information on your IRCC file. For your own protection, do not allow any other person to use this number.
when I received my confirmation email from IRCC Saskatoon, I replied to it asking if I should send both copies back with my signature, and they replied to me and instructed me to send both copies with no signature.

I would say that it is always better to ask your visa office before sending your CoPR as different visa offices may do it differently.

Reactions: IGOR_BR
May 10, 2020
Hi.

Which office did you get contacted from?
And was there any indication before you got your PR status activation email?

I am in the same situation, no PPR/COPR but booked for landing appointment. Decision was made back in February then landing appointment Mar19 got cancelled.

Thank you!
Hi
My landing appointment was also on 19 March it got cancelled because of covid19. No PPR/COPR. I sent them web form for inquiry because my work permit is expiring on June 4. They just reply with the basic answers available on cic website. They gave me an email stating that if u have any urgency email us and then we can respond based on your request.

Reactions: EE12345 and may2019

senhari2005

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Were you able to link all the applications on the same online account.? It worked for me and my daughter, but not working for my wife.
Was able to link all my applications, faced an issue with my spouse application due to birth city.

It was cut down so I tried with same birth place as in my spouse passport and it worked.