+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

C.Mei.L

Apr 27, 2020
Same with me, only mine was scheduled on March 26. I raised a webform in mid of April, got generic response. I am thinking maybe raise a GCMS ? What do you guys think about it ?
I've called the service center, but the answer was just "you can only wait". And my representative agent also sent an email, gona post it once we get the answer, but my agent is saying "will probably get the same thing". Seems nothing much we can do about it except waiting. But pls keep us updated here if you get something from yo ur GCMS. I mean if you raise one.

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
You are right. I have actually decided not to send the COPR unless having the right information. I have raised a webform with the questions and will send the copr when I have their response.
You are right. I have actually decided not to send the COPR unless having the right information. I have raised a webform with the questions and will send the copr when I have their response.
hi. Can we apply for the health insurance with the letter we received for confirmation of PR? Or should we wait for PR card?

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The thing is, we applied paper based and only my email and my representative was included in the file. When our application was approved, my wife did not received any email also. We just sent her passport and photo and she was issued CoPR. I wonder if that is the common practice for paper based application.

Any insights will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers...
Not sure about paper based applications. However, even my wife never got any email ever on her ID throughout the process. It was always me who used to get the mails. This was the first instance that the mail got sent to her ID. I would suggest you call IRCC in case you have not recd her letter still. The letter has the name of the applicant written on it. So for sure both of you will need individual copies to prove your PR status until the PR card arrives.

Lin_Yu89

Apr 24, 2020
Hello guys, i got another line included under my Document status section on my online account saying my COPR is valid but i haven't gotten any mail or telephone call confirming my PR status. Has this happen to anyone else?
Hello,

I'm in the same situation. Mine changed on April 22nd. I spoke to an agent yesterday and he mention that my status was updated 04/22 and they had contacted the Etobicoke office to contact me when I called April 24th. I sent an email to the Etobicoke office directly a few days back and below was their response.

You should receive information regarding your permanent residence status soon.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

IRCC Etobicoke Landings

My appointment was initially scheduled March 16th which was the day all appointments were cancelled, so they are contacting people randomly and not based on when the appointments were scheduled. I think at this point the only thing we can do is wait and pray for the best.

Reactions: may2019 and EE12345

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
The letter states that you can apply based on it. No need to wait for the PR card.
just checked for the requirements to get health card, we need the letter to be an original copy (not a printed one). but because of the situation, maybe they will allow this letter copy. Problem is we have to apply personally in service ontario when their office opens

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
just checked for the requirements to get health card, we need the letter to be an original copy (not a printed one). but because of the situation, maybe they will allow this letter copy. Problem is we have to apply personally in service ontario when their office opens
Hi. What is an original Copy? I dont think IRCC is going to send any Original copy. The letter you have is what you have. The only thing you will now get is your PR card.

The second para of the letter clearly says :
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.

SIN update can be applied online. I already did this morning for me and my wife.
Health Card I agree needs to be done in office as I could not find online options. However, certain Service Ontario centers are still open. Google for the ones in your location to see which ones are.

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi. What is an original Copy? I dont think IRCC is going to send any Original copy. The letter you have is what you have. The only thing you will now get is your PR card.

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.

SIN update can be applied online. I already did this morning for me and my wife.
Health Card I agree needs to be done in office as I could not find online options. However, certain Service Ontario centers are still open. Google for the ones in your location to see which ones are.
Original copy means it’s not a printed one. All service ontario here in mississauga are closed so i’m just waiting for them to reopen.
For the online SIN, you have submitted the letter as proof of PR? Do u know how long they will take to issue SIN?

Aug 13, 2018
Hello,

I'm in the same situation. Mine changed on April 22nd. I spoke to an agent yesterday and he mention that my status was updated 04/22 and they had contacted the Etobicoke office to contact me when I called April 24th. I sent an email to the Etobicoke office directly a few days back and below was their response.

Regards,

IRCC Etobicoke Landings

My appointment was initially scheduled March 16th which was the day all appointments were cancelled, so they are contacting people randomly and not based on when the appointments were scheduled. I think at this point the only thing we can do is wait and pray for the best.
What is the email for Etobicoke office?

jplventurina

Sep 16, 2018
Hello,

Regards,

IRCC Etobicoke Landings

how many days does it took before they replied to your email? Thanks

paparazzi1987

Star Member
Jan 7, 2018
Hello,

Regards,

IRCC Etobicoke Landings

did you receive CoPR or PPR stamp ?

AnilK2015

Apr 22, 2020

Can you please let us know the list of documents that you have submitted for SIN?