+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR in Canada, working in USA on H1 and sponsoring wife staying in USA on H4-ques

sunny001

Nov 21, 2009
I live in Canada [Toronto] but work for a company in USA on H1B visa. My wife will be coming to live in USA on H4 visa. She will be living in Buffalo,NY while I will move from Toronto to Fort Eerie,ON. I am going to sponsor PR for my wife. Would there be any hiccups with me staying in canada on H1B [US visa working for US company] and she staying in USA on H4 [spouse of person working in USA].

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are Canadian and sponsoring your wife to come to Canada? No problem, it's easier if you live in Canada, though they are bound to wonder why you live apart when you are married.

newbie2281

Jan 31, 2009
sunny001,
Just make sure that if your application will be processed in the US, your wife will require to show that she has lived in the US for atleast one year else your application will be returned or transferred to the country of her origin. Check the below URL for details:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/family_class-categorie_familial.aspx?lang=eng

sunny001

Nov 21, 2009
I am sponsoring PR while my wife is in India [in Dec end] but she will be coming to USA on H4 in Jan. Is she required to stay whole duration in India till she gets her immigration or only till she applies and latter she can be in US while her application is processed in India