+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Holder Sponsoring Siblings Studying in Canada

Slycollins

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
Hello All, am wondering if anyone can give more insight on this, a friend of mine (a PR holder) wanted to sponsor his brother to come study in Canada.
He mention that, he was told not to do so, because immigration would think his brother will not returned back to his country after his study. I want to know
if it is wise to do so? if it is, can he apply through his GCKey account for his brother to help facilitate the process. Thanks in advance as i look forward to your
esteem feedback.

SlyCollins

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Why not? He can apply on behalf of his brother thru his GC Account BUT to be successful in getting the visa, his brother has to absolutely nail down 3 things.

1- The choice of the program and the previous study record. Backlogs and/or below 50% will raise suspicion.
2- Prove strong home ties in the form of property, job, parents etc. These are just examples. Whatever that shows that his brother is well established in the home country.
3- Financially strong. At least $10k living expense + 1 year of tuition is the bare minimum. The finances should be more than bare minimum.

As long as these criteria are strong, there's no reason for the denial.

Hello All, am wondering if anyone can give more insight on this, a friend of mine (a PR holder) wanted to sponsor his brother to come study in Canada.
He mention that, he was told not to do so, because immigration would think his brother will not returned back to his country after his study. I want to know
if it is wise to do so? if it is, can he apply through his GCKey account for his brother to help facilitate the process. Thanks in advance as i look forward to your
esteem feedback.

SlyCollins

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
I am a PR holder. My sister, living in UAE with our parents as a dependent on family visa, applied for a student permit in June.
I wrote a sponsorship letter that I would pay her fees and expenses, and included my payslips, 1 year tuition fees receipt, and $10K bank draft in her name.

She got her PPR this week.

can he apply through his GCKey account for his brother to help facilitate the process
Your friend's brother can share his login details with your friend if he wants to, but the brother should create his own GCKey account first.

Last edited:
Reactions: jigzyy