+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR granted, what next?

Bangkok16

Jun 24, 2015
Hello everyone.

I applied for a PR through express entry and I have finally received my passport with the stamp on it. I have a few questions and I'm hoping that someone could help clarify a few things for me.

1. I applied for this PR, and received approval, while on a work visa here in Thailand. I am originally from Philippines. Is it OK to fly out to Canada from Philippines? Or is it a must to fly out from Thailand because this was where I lodged my application? (I'm just worried that when I land in Canada, I would be asked why I flew out from a different country.)

2. Now that I have received the COPR and have my passport stamped, is there something I need to do with my Express Entry? Or do I just leave it as it is?

3. For the proof of finances, I can bring a bank draft of over 10,000 CAD, right? So long as I declare it?

4. Do I need to apply for an eTA?

Thank you everyone for your time. I would really appreciate any inputs on these questions.

Have a nice day!:):):)

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
Congratulations. Can you share your timeline?

1. You're a free bird. You can go to Canada from the Philippines. They won't ask why.

2. Nothing. That's all.

3. Correct.

4. Nope. Your COPR and passport stamp are enough.

I wish you all the best in Canada!!

Reactions: Bangkok16

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Hello everyone.

I applied for a PR through express entry and I have finally received my passport with the stamp on it. I have a few questions and I'm hoping that someone could help clarify a few things for me.

1. I applied for this PR, and received approval, while on a work visa here in Thailand. I am originally from Philippines. Is it OK to fly out to Canada from Philippines? Or is it a must to fly out from Thailand because this was where I lodged my application? (I'm just worried that when I land in Canada, I would be asked why I flew out from a different country.)

2. Now that I have received the COPR and have my passport stamped, is there something I need to do with my Express Entry? Or do I just leave it as it is?

3. For the proof of finances, I can bring a bank draft of over 10,000 CAD, right? So long as I declare it?

Thank you everyone for your time. I would really appreciate any inputs on these questions.

Congrats and good luck. Answers are same as what spth38 said

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Hello everyone.

One more thing, in regards to pof issue, what you are doing is totally fine, just wanted to let you know that some banks in canada will allow you to open an account online while you are in thailand or wherever and transfer your money safely. New immigrant packages.

Bangkok16

Jun 24, 2015
Congratulations. Can you share your timeline?

1. You're a free bird. You can go to Canada from the Philippines. They won't ask why.

2. Nothing. That's all.

3. Correct.

4. Nope. Your COPR and passport stamp are enough.

I wish you all the best in Canada!!

Thank you so much spth38! Your answers clarified a lot!
Regarding my timeline, I really wasn't keeping a record of it. If I'm not mistaken, I created my profile between July and August 2016, then received an ITA somewhere first week of November. I submitted all the documents January 1, 2017. By mid-May 2017, I received an email requesting my passport. Submitted it the following month and then received it after 30 days.... I hope this helps :)

Reactions: ultimateenergy

Bangkok16

Jun 24, 2015
One more thing, in regards to pof issue, what you are doing is totally fine, just wanted to let you know that some banks in canada will allow you to open an account online while you are in thailand or wherever and transfer your money safely. New immigrant packages.
Thank you so much dr feras. This is really helpful! I would definitely be looking into that option! :)

Reactions: dr feras

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
Yes it does. Probably your visa was processed by the Thai visa office. It seems they're relatively slow compared to other VO according to the timelines posted by others. Anyway, I will wait... ;)

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
Finally I got my PPR last week :)

Did you guys send it to Singapore via VFS Bangkok? How long did it take? Thanks.

Reeub

Jan 6, 2022
Hi
I am an Indian national working in Bangkok and applying for PR through express entry in Bangkok.
Please advise what all company documents did you submit. Eg- Thai work permit, thai visa copy, reference letter..?
How did you get proof of funds?