+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR got Approved. Passport returned with PR VISA and 'Cancel without Prejudice' stamp on it.

Atul24

Aug 3, 2020
Hi,

I need some help/ guidance on my PR case. On April 16th, 2020, I got the letter from CIC to send my Passport to CPC-Ottawa with my two photographs to complete the PR process. I did send the requested documents on April 19th, and they were delivered on April 21st. On June 8th, my PR status changed to 'Approved.' After the status changed from 'Pending' to 'Approved,' I saw that my document number was generated, but the document said 'counterfoil,' with a comment that this document is invalid. I got my Passport back on June 25th, 2020, with the PR VISA stamped on it and a 'Cancelled without Prejudice' stamp on it.

I called CIC and somehow managed to speak to a rep, and she said that the office was not supposed to process any PR VISA because of the current COVID situation, but mine got processed, and hence they had to cancel my VISA. Now I am not sure what should I do? I have filled several web forms, and they are coming back with the same automated messages that the processing is slow and someone from the office with reach out again.

I know it is one of the situations, but has this happened with anyone before, or is someone facing the same problem given the current COVID conditions? Any leads on this would be hugely appreciated.

I am currently in the US, and now I am a little worried as my US VISA is expiring, and I don't know what to do.

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
Hi,

I need some help/ guidance on my PR case. On April 16th, 2020, I got the letter from CIC to send my Passport to CPC-Ottawa with my two photographs to complete the PR process. I did send the requested documents on April 19th, and they were delivered on April 21st. On June 8th, my PR status changed to 'Approved.' After the status changed from 'Pending' to 'Approved,' I saw that my document number was generated, but the document said 'counterfoil,' with a comment that this document is invalid. I got my Passport back on June 25th, 2020, with the PR VISA stamped on it and a 'Cancelled without Prejudice' stamp on it.

I called CIC and somehow managed to speak to a rep, and she said that the office was not supposed to process any PR VISA because of the current COVID situation, but mine got processed, and hence they had to cancel my VISA. Now I am not sure what should I do? I have filled several web forms, and they are coming back with the same automated messages that the processing is slow and someone from the office with reach out again.

I know it is one of the situations, but has this happened with anyone before, or is someone facing the same problem given the current COVID conditions? Any leads on this would be hugely appreciated.

I am currently in the US, and now I am a little worried as my US VISA is expiring, and I don't know what to do.

Don't worry too much about it. The policy of IRCC to finalize the PR application is altering quite rapidly in the previous months. Your visa could be generated and then canceled due to some changes in the policies for the applicant outside Canada. Just rest assured since your application has been approved and wait for IRCC's new way to finalize your case.

Reactions: Ugomax

usman1018

Jun 11, 2016
Hi,

Hi,

I have received PPR letter on July 28, 2020 and sent my passports to CPC-Ottawa on July 29th, 2020. I have applied from US as well. I will keep you posted what happened in my case, I am hoping that it goes through.

thanks,
Usman

Reactions: UniSaverH

a.adenike

Jun 15, 2020
Hi everyone, hope you guys are staying safe.
I got my much-awaited passport back today having submitted it about 2 months ago. I was shocked to find neither CoPR nor VISA in the envelope.
Can anyone explain what's going on? Why did IRCC request for my passport if they were not going to do anything with it? I'm deeply dissatisfied. Nothing was explained.

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
Hi everyone, hope you guys are staying safe.
I got my much-awaited passport back today having submitted it about 2 months ago. I was shocked to find neither CoPR nor VISA in the envelope.
Can anyone explain what's going on? Why did IRCC request for my passport if they were not going to do anything with it? I'm deeply dissatisfied. Nothing was explained.
Did you received a letter from IRCC in that envelope?

thatguy1

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Hi,

I have received PPR letter on July 28, 2020 and sent my passports to CPC-Ottawa on July 29th, 2020. I have applied from US as well. I will keep you posted what happened in my case, I am hoping that it goes through.

thanks,
Usman
I sent my passport around that time too. Have you heard anything yet?

Reactions: Queen2019

a.adenike

Jun 15, 2020
Just a generic response.

Thank you for contacting the visa office of the Canadian High Commission in Accra, Ghana. Due to safety measures in response to the Coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19) we are currently working with reduced staff.

Your enquiry received at this visa office will therefore not be responded to.

For information on how COVID-19 is affecting our services, please visit our website: Canada.ca/IRCC-COVID19. Please be assured that we continue to monitor the situation closely and will update our website as the situation evolves.

Until further notice, most people can’t travel to Canada,even if they have a valid visitor visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA). Some people may still be able to travel to Canada if they’re exempt from the travel restrictions and coming for an essential purpose.

For those who DO NOT have to travel to Canada for essential purposes

If you have an application in process but do not need to travel to Canada for an essential purpose, please know that:

· you do not need to contact IRCC unless you wish to withdraw your application or have other urgent need to come to Canada

· your application will be held in process until the restrictions on travel are lifted, and service returns to normal, and

· no application in process will be closed or refused because of documents missing or action not taken on your part (medical or biometrics) due to COVID-19 interruptions.

Until we resume normal operations at our visa offices, if you need to resubmit your enquiry or have an immigration question, please contact us through the IRCC web form: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Thank you for your patience during these exceptional circumstances.

Atul24

Aug 3, 2020
Hi everyone,

I received my PPR on April 19th, 2020 for completion of my PR Application. My application got approved on June 8th, 2020. However, I received my Passport after three months with PR VISA but no CoPR was provided. Rather, they canceled my PR VISA with 'Cancelled without Prejudice" stamp on it.

And since, then I am waiting and have written several web forms. I have been in the US and living here from last four years.

Has anyone faced this issue or can anyone please guide what best should be done? Any leads on this will be truly appreciated!!

TIA

Atul24

Aug 3, 2020
Hi,

thanks,
Usman
Hi Usman,

Did you hear anything from them? Did you receive your CoPR?

usman1018

Jun 11, 2016
Hi Usman,

Did you hear anything from them? Did you receive your CoPR?
Hi,

I received a call from Ottawa office on September 14th, 2020 and they asked me to resend the passports which I did, and received them back yesterday on September 22, 2020.

thanks,
Usman

Atul24

Aug 3, 2020
Hi Usman,

I truly appreciate you replying back. Did you finally get the PR VISA and the CoPR? Also which country did you apply it from?