+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR - Given address at Landing

RenatoOak

Oct 11, 2019
AOR Received.
28-03-2019
Med's Done....
09-05-2019
Hi everyone, I have a doubt about the landing and maybe you could give me different points of view.

I got a PPR this week. In my process, I have presented the intention to live in Ottawa, ON. However, my brother lives across the bridge, in Gatineau, QC.

Here comes the problem. I'm going to live in Ottawa, but I'm thinking to stay in my brother's house, temporarily, until I find a nice and affordable place to live in Ottawa. Does it make sense? Why should I spend money without knowing places if I can do it calmly with my brother's help?

I'm afraid to say this at the landing in Toronto and the officer denies my entry, as I applied for EE and not for Quebec.

What would you do in my position?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone, I have a doubt about the landing and maybe you could give me different points of view.

I got a PPR this week. In my process, I have presented the intention to live in Ottawa, ON. However, my brother lives across the bridge, in Gatineau, QC.

Here comes the problem. I'm going to live in Ottawa, but I'm thinking to stay in my brother's house, temporarily, until I find a nice and affordable place to live in Ottawa. Does it make sense? Why should I spend money without knowing places if I can do it calmly with my brother's help?

I'm afraid to say this at the landing in Toronto and the officer denies my entry, as I applied for EE and not for Quebec.

What would you do in my position?
You don't want to give a Quebec address for the mailing of your PR card. You need to give an address outside of Quebec or you could have problems with your landing.