+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR for Tourist Visa

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi
My mother will be visiting soon and i want to apply for her PR so that she can stay longer instead of leaving evry 6 months or so.
I understand she need to be in her home country for me to apply for her PR but there is no one for the moment to look after her when she return from her vacation
Does Immigration Canada offer some type of exception in this case?
Any suggestion are welcome.
Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi
My mother will be visiting soon and i want to apply for her PR so that she can stay longer instead of leaving evry 6 months or so.
I understand she need to be in her home country for me to apply for her PR but there is no one for the moment to look after her when she return from her vacation
Thank you
So she was selected in the annual lottery for Parents for PR? Do you mean supervisa? If supervisa, she must be outside Canada to apply. No exceptions.

Reactions: 2cookies

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
You cannot apply for her PR currently because IRCC have not yet announce the next round of PGP applications. Instead of leaving every 6 months, you have an option of extend her stay.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi
Thank you
She doesn't need to be in her home country for you to sponsor her for PR. Not sure why you think that.

As others have said, you'll need to wait for the program to open up and to see if you are selected before you can submit the application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
Thank you
If she would like to visit for longer she can apply for a supervisa as long as you make over the required income amount. She must apply from her home country.

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
So she was selected in the annual lottery for Parents for PR? Do you mean supervisa? If supervisa, she must be outside Canada to apply. No exceptions.
Not yet...she just have a tourist visa for now. I will have to wait i guess

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
You cannot apply for her PR currently because IRCC have not yet announce the next round of PGP applications. Instead of leaving every 6 months, you have an option of extend her stay.
Can you tell me the procedure or where to find the info on how to extend her stay without her leaving? She currently have a tourist visa(mulitple entry). Thanks

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
She doesn't need to be in her home country for you to sponsor her for PR. Not sure why you think that.

As others have said, you'll need to wait for the program to open up and to see if you are selected before you can submit the application.
Any idea when this program will be available?1

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010