+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR for SEAFARER (Merchant Navy)

tbamrah

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Hey guys,
I'm a Marine Engineer,Married and 30yrs old.from INDIA
Me and my wife are planning to apply for canadian PR express Entry,I work in Merchant Navy.
I have an Experience of 3+years,will be completing 4years in coming Sept.
The agent whom I asked said she will take 1+ lac for all the formalities and stuff and Govt fee extra.
I am a B.tech and my wife is M.tech.
Should I go for the agent or do it myself.also should I apply now or wait till Sept as my exp will be 4 years than.will it make any Difference?
Thanks in advance guys.

P.S. : As i work in merchant navy,I'm not bound to pay any taxes in India,(maintaining my NRI status by sailing for 6months in a year),hence I dont file ITR,although my salary gets credit into bank account only.

Waliaamardeep

Aug 6, 2019
Hey guys,
Me and my wife are planning to apply for canadian PR express Entry,I work in Merchant Navy.
The agent whom I asked said she will take 1+ lac for all the formalities and stuff and Govt fee extra.
Should I go for the agent or do it myself.also should I apply now or wait till Sept as my exp will be 4 years than.will it make any Difference?
Thanks in advance guys.

P.S. : As i work in merchant navy,I'm not bound to pay any taxes in India,(maintaining my NRI status by sailing for 6months in a year),hence I dont file ITR,although my salary gets credit into bank account only.
Hello Sir,
I had same query.
Have you got info now...Please share.

tbamrah

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Don't fall prey to any of the consultants, do it youself. It's not that hard. Most important thing that you need is a reference letter from your company that will state your designation and roles and responsibilities without emphasising on the part that you are contractual.

Waliaamardeep

Aug 6, 2019
Hello Sir.
Thanks for replying.
You got PR?
I have some doubts.
How our experience will be counted?
Can I continue my same job after immigrating to canada?
Have you arranged any offer letter from canadian company?
How many Ielts score we need?
Does my 1 year pre sea course will add any points.
Please share your email or whats app number.
It will be of great help to me.

tyagifever

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Don't fall prey to any of the consultants, do it youself. It's not that hard. Most important thing that you need is a reference letter from your company that will state your designation and roles and responsibilities without emphasising on the part that you are contractual.
Hello sir,

I am facing a similar situation. my company is not ready to mention "full-time employee" in the letter. They are willing to write that I was employed on a contractual basis. Any thoughts on how to tackle this situation? What if I submit the letter that they are ready to provide?

Thanks

razaishtiaq

Sep 18, 2020
hey i have 18 months of experience onboard, but im employed for 5 years with my company, so while creating my profile, should i show my 5 years since ive joined the co or should i show 18 months?
please reply

gospelilemona

Oct 21, 2023
hello,
happy to join this forum. im in the process of submitting my application. i am a second officer employed since 2018. i don't know how many years experience to use. can someone please shed a light? many thanks
hey i have 18 months of experience onboard, but im employed for 5 years with my company, so while creating my profile, should i show my 5 years since i joined the co or should i show 18 months?
please reply

gospelilemona

Oct 21, 2023
Hey guys,
Thanks in advance guys.

HELLO,

PLEASE WERE YOU SUCCESSFULL? I AM IN THE SAME SITUATION NOW, EVEN THOUGH I WAS EMPLOYED FULL TIME/PERMANENT.