+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR for new born

Paru_canada

Oct 26, 2017
Hi all,

Me and my husband are Canadian PR holders and professionals working in Canada. We got our PR last year.
I started working in Nov 2016 and its been close to one year now. My husband has been working in canada from last 6 years. 5 years in work visa and after that as a PR.
I am pregnant and is planning to go to India for delivery(for unavoidable personal reasons). I am planning to leave in February. Due date for delivery is May end. I am eligible for 1 year maternity leave and therefore should be back atleast by February 2018.
My husband will continue working in Canada.
What is the best option for bringing the newborn to Canada? Sponsorship/TRV/TRP or anything else.
Though we have one year time I would like to come back to Canada with the baby at the earliest as I don't want my husband to be away from our baby for long. He for sure deserves to watch his little baby grow:)

Can someone please suggest the best option so that I can take our baby to Canada after 4 -5 months he/she is born.

Thanks a ton:)

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hi all,

Me and my husband are Canadian PR holders and professionals working in Canada. We got our PR last year.
I started working in Nov 2016 and its been close to one year now. My husband has been working in canada from last 6 years. 5 years in work visa and after that as a PR.
I am pregnant and is planning to go to India for delivery(for unavoidable personal reasons). I am planning to leave in February. Due date for delivery is May end. I am eligible for 1 year maternity leave and therefore should be back atleast by February 2018.
My husband will continue working in Canada.
What is the best option for bringing the newborn to Canada? Sponsorship/TRV/TRP or anything else.
Though we have one year time I would like to come back to Canada with the baby at the earliest as I don't want my husband to be away from our baby for long. He for sure deserves to watch his little baby grow:)

Can someone please suggest the best option so that I can take our baby to Canada after 4 -5 months he/she is born.

Thanks a ton:)
Since PRs must be physically residing in Canada to sponsor a family member, then your husband should be the primary sponsor and submit the PR app within Canada to sponsor your baby immediately (or as soon as you can get passport and all the required documents) after the birth.

If he applies around June 2018, there is a chance the baby's PR will be completed by Feb 2019. Of course this is never guaranteed and processing times vary by visa office and their workload.

You can also apply for a TRV for the baby to come back to Canada and stay here while PR app is processing. The PR app will continue processing whether the baby is in India or Canada as a visitor. If the TRV is rejected, you can then try a TRP. If both are rejected, then you'll be forced to wait in India with baby until PR app is approved.

During the sponsorship process your husband can take short/temporary vacations to visit you in India.