+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR for Native Black American

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If a country was willing to elect Obama not sure how you would think you could claim that the US is too dangerous for you to live in as an African American. Not denying there are problems in the US. We have similar problems in Canada. Canada is not discriminating against African Americans. They just don't consider them refugees.

PRGregory

May 9, 2018
Okay, I understand that I will never become a PR of Canada or gain refugee status.

Thank you,
Native Black American

PRGregory

May 9, 2018
I can't become a PR based on two things.

I am college educated. I do have a lot of professional employment experience. I have no criminal history.

No PR status for me because I'm 55 years of age and I don't have the economic ability to provide employment to those who live in Canada. It takes everything I earn to live in my city as regarding shelter and food.

I applied for PR status and was denied!

Thank you,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I can't become a PR based on two things.

I am college educated. I do have a lot of professional employment experience. I have no criminal history.

No PR status for me because I'm 55 years of age and I don't have the economic ability to provide employment to those who live in Canada. It takes everything I earn to live in my city as regarding shelter and food.

I applied for PR status and was denied!

Thank you,
Unfortunately no you don't qualify but it has nothing to do with race.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well there are plenty people that are 55 +, with work experience and a college degree that want to immigrate to Canada, but at the moment they do not qualify into the system. (be it from India, China, UK or South Africa for example).

With that said you be facing the same point system they would be.
From your age I feel that you are seeking a country where to retire. Unfortunately Canadian economic immigration is not setup for such cases (the whole idea behind is got get people that can work another 10-15 years at very least in order to contribute into the system).

Forget about refuge in Canada, it is not going to happen (main reason is because USA is seen as a safe country). The only thing you would achieve is not to be able to visit Canada again and to have problem to travel abroad from then on.

Anyway, if you do not like neighborhood where you live in currently, why not try to move somewhere where it will be friendlier for you (for example Detroit). There are districts or whole cities in USA, where African Americans are the majority population, so that alone shall fix the problem.

One thing you shall understand from the reactions here. Your claims sounded a bit more like "I am trying to find some loophole to come, because I do not have enough points to do so".

Also funny enough one of the things your current president wants is to deal with the laws that were not enforced as they should have, so that that will give more opportunities to USA citizens, which you clearly are.

And as such if you do not like certain things in your country you have full right to vote a different politician or to become politically active yourself. That is the beauty of the democracy.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

PRGregory

May 9, 2018
Well there are plenty people that are 55 +, with work experience and a college degree that want to immigrate to Canada, but at the moment they do not qualify into the system. (be it from India, China, UK or South Africa for example).

With that said you be facing the same point system they would be.
From your age I feel that you are seeking a country where to retire. Unfortunately Canadian economic immigration is not setup for such cases (the whole idea behind is got get people that can work another 10-15 years at very least in order to contribute into the system).

Forget about refuge in Canada, it is not going to happen (main reason is because USA is seen as a safe country). The only thing you would achieve is not to be able to visit Canada again and to have problem to travel abroad from then on.

Anyway, if you do not like neighborhood where you live in currently, why not try to move somewhere where it will be friendlier for you (for example Detroit). There are districts or whole cities in USA, where African Americans are the majority population, so that alone shall fix the problem.

One thing you shall understand from the reactions here. Your claims sounded a bit more like "I am trying to find some loophole to come, because I do not have enough points to do so".

Also funny enough one of the things your current president wants is to deal with the laws that were not enforced as they should have, so that that will give more opportunities to USA citizens, which you clearly are.

And as such if you do not like certain things in your country you have full right to vote a different politician or to become politically active yourself. That is the beauty of the democracy.

Yes. I understand your point...

PRGregory

May 9, 2018
I now firmly understand that I will never live in Canada. However, I will continue to vacation there for a break from America.

The best place for me in the USA is the Pacific Northwest (Seattle, Washington or Portland, Oregon). As close to BC as possible, so if I need to cross the boarder for life saving measures it will be in reach. These cities have low crime rates and are an after thought for most Americans based on location.

BTW: I would never move to Detroit with the water contamination, high level of black poverty, poor housing, high crime rates including murder and bad policing. It is also very clear that many in Canada don't have a clue of the systemic and harmful racial issues that are taking place in the USA. This lack of understanding I get, being many in the USA are unaware as well.

You bet! I'm in search for a loop-hole and you would too if you live in a country that never had any respect for the racial group you are a member of. If you lived in a country that has a history of lynching your people, segregating your people, beating your people, placing high number of your people behind bars, police harassing your people and a daily dose of illustration that your people are second or third class citizens of the country in which your people has fought and died for!

Once again, I know I will not ever live in Canada and please know I have no plans on seeking refugee status there.

Proudly a Native Black American

Last edited:

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I now firmly understand that I will never live in Canada. However, I will continue to vacation there for a break from America.

The best place for me in the USA is the Pacific Northwest (Seattle, Washington or Portland, Oregon). As close to BC as possible, so if I need to cross the boarder for life saving measures it will be in reach. These cities have low crime rates and are an after thought for most Americans based on location.

BTW: I would never move to Detroit with the water contamination, high level of black poverty, poor housing, high crime rates including murder and bad policing. It is also very clear that many in Canada don't have a clue of the systemic and harmful racial issues that are taking place in the USA. This lack of understanding I get, being many in the USA are unaware as well.

You bet! I'm in search for a loop-hole and you would too if you live in a country that never had any respect for the racial group you are a member of. If you lived in a country that has a history of lynching your people, segregating your people, beating your people, placing high number of your people behind bars, police harassing your people and a daily dose of illustration that your people are second or third class citizens of the country in which your people has fought and died for!

Once again, I know I will not ever live in Canada and please know I have no plans on seeking refugee status there.

Proudly a Native Black American
You know what, I came from country that was not a country for like 1000 years. Ruled by others and requested to subdue, local language not recognized and at certain point. Done by now neighbor nations.
But what does it mean now? When that history is like 100 years old? Not a thing. Yes it is good not know, what not to repeat, but those current neighbors have nothing to do with it.
So it has no sense to cry loud like a victim (I guess it only has sense if you try to play it as a political card).
And how about all those people of Indian origins who now live in UK, who could start crying how they hate British because of the time when India was a colony. Would it help anything? Of course not. Maybe because right now they have their UK citizenship, they can vote and work and they do so.

Flash news, most countries do have colorful past (when one of more groups were looked down upon). Same thing in Canada (hello First nations). And what was acceptable back in the past is not acceptable now and vice versa. So living in the past will bring you nowhere.

I see you as a big whiny, who is comfortable in his "victim" position. If you so hate to be USA citizen, why not considering to immigrate back to the land of your ancestors (also by now it is already several generation).

You live in a big country and as every country it has it flaws but also its opportunities. And just as any other country its future depends on its own people (how they vote and behave). And yes you will have always some morons and some whining "victims", but their existence alone is not enough to say how the majority looks like.
And so far I see majority of people in USA wants more or less just to live their every day life.
You have so many options where to resettle there. So if you do not like your neighborhood do not sit on your ass and do something about it.
If you have a problem with other people (they are threatening you or pressing your freedoms given by the constitution), you are free to contact police.
That is how it is done.
You want thing to improve for you? Work for it.
You want things to improve for your society? Use your election rights and be active in politics.
That is how it works.

And one more advice, what you search is not in Canada. This country has some simple and backward people. This country has descendants of slave masters. This country has French speakers, that will watch you in suspicion if you do not speak French. This country has politicians that have abused their powers. This country has criminality and poverty. This country has statistics pointing to higher criminality of certain groups (regardless if you like it or not).
So better stay away such ugly country with all its flaws.

PRGregory

May 9, 2018
You know what, I came from country that was not a country for like 1000 years. Ruled by others and requested to subdue, local language not recognized and at certain point. Done by now neighbor nations.
But what does it mean now? When that history is like 100 years old? Not a thing. Yes it is good not know, what not to repeat, but those current neighbors have nothing to do with it.
So it has no sense to cry loud like a victim (I guess it only has sense if you try to play it as a political card).
And how about all those people of Indian origins who now live in UK, who could start crying how they hate British because of the time when India was a colony. Would it help anything? Of course not. Maybe because right now they have their UK citizenship, they can vote and work and they do so.

Flash news, most countries do have colorful past (when one of more groups were looked down upon). Same thing in Canada (hello First nations). And what was acceptable back in the past is not acceptable now and vice versa. So living in the past will bring you nowhere.

I see you as a big whiny, who is comfortable in his "victim" position. If you so hate to be USA citizen, why not considering to immigrate back to the land of your ancestors (also by now it is already several generation).

You live in a big country and as every country it has it flaws but also its opportunities. And just as any other country its future depends on its own people (how they vote and behave). And yes you will have always some morons and some whining "victims", but their existence alone is not enough to say how the majority looks like.
And so far I see majority of people in USA wants more or less just to live their every day life.
You have so many options where to resettle there. So if you do not like your neighborhood do not sit on your ass and do something about it.
If you have a problem with other people (they are threatening you or pressing your freedoms given by the constitution), you are free to contact police.
That is how it is done.
You want thing to improve for you? Work for it.
You want things to improve for your society? Use your election rights and be active in politics.
That is how it works.

And one more advice, what you search is not in Canada. This country has some simple and backward people. This country has descendants of slave masters. This country has French speakers, that will watch you in suspicion if you do not speak French. This country has politicians that have abused their powers. This country has criminality and poverty. This country has statistics pointing to higher criminality of certain groups (regardless if you like it or not).
So better stay away such ugly country with all its flaws.
Facts are not whining and as I stated earlier I have no plans on moving to your country. Peace be with you! .

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Good discussion, I've just spent a few minutes reading through the comments here. There are a couple thoughts here that have no bearing on anything (such as Obama being elected) as Canada does not set it's immigration policy based upon such information, so it's not relevant. The statement that these challenges exist everywhere is true, however due to historical factors, Canada doesn't have the same institutional obstacles carefully put in place to prevent specific groups from succeeding ( a First Nations person may have a different view on that statement however).

Vensak is correct, each country has it's own past that it has to deal with, and many times, in many places, groups of people have been persecuted in one way or another. The people who live in each of these countries, have a unique perspective, as they are the ones living through the situation, and it's difficult for those who have not lived it, to fully understand it. Many of these instances are publicized and the world is aware of, and it's considered as matter of fact, and many of instances don't get news coverage, and most people have no idea the events ever even occurred. I think most of us in this conversation would have difficulty fully understanding what a day looks like for a Syrian right now.

I'm also African American, recently landed with my wife in Ontario, and I understand what you may be feeling. However, immigration rules are what they are, and while you should not have to move to another place to feel comfortable, you can only control what you can control. I would research other options, but I will say that immigrating is not cheap, and will require a substantial financial investment no matter where you decide to move. I would read through all the Canadian options, and if there isn't one that fits, take a look at places that provide retirement visas, i.e. some Carribean and Latin American countries. Also, maybe this is an option... however even this has financial stipulations... best of luck.

http://atlantablackstar.com/2015/06/04/ghanas-right-of-abode-program-could-attract-more-black-people-from-across-the-globe-but-marred-by-loopholes/

PRGregory

May 9, 2018
Good discussion, I've just spent a few minutes reading through the comments here. There are a couple thoughts here that have no bearing on anything (such as Obama being elected) as Canada does not set it's immigration policy based upon such information, so it's not relevant. The statement that these challenges exist everywhere is true, however due to historical factors, Canada doesn't have the same institutional obstacles carefully put in place to prevent specific groups from succeeding ( a First Nations person may have a different view on that statement however).

Vensak is correct, each country has it's own past that it has to deal with, and many times, in many places, groups of people have been persecuted in one way or another. The people who live in each of these countries, have a unique perspective, as they are the ones living through the situation, and it's difficult for those who have not lived it, to fully understand it. Many of these instances are publicized and the world is aware of, and it's considered as matter of fact, and many of instances don't get news coverage, and most people have no idea the events ever even occurred. I think most of us in this conversation would have difficulty fully understanding what a day looks like for a Syrian right now.

I'm also African American, recently landed with my wife in Ontario, and I understand what you may be feeling. However, immigration rules are what they are, and while you should not have to move to another place to feel comfortable, you can only control what you can control. I would research other options, but I will say that immigrating is not cheap, and will require a substantial financial investment no matter where you decide to move. I would read through all the Canadian options, and if there isn't one that fits, take a look at places that provide retirement visas, i.e. some Carribean and Latin American countries. Also, maybe this is an option... however even this has financial stipulations... best of luck.

http://atlantablackstar.com/2015/06/04/ghanas-right-of-abode-program-could-attract-more-black-people-from-across-the-globe-but-marred-by-loopholes/

I appreciate your response regarding the information that you shared!

Good luck to you and your family as you all begin the experience of living in Ontario.

Thank you,
Native Black American

Reactions: Mthornt

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Think my Obama comment is relevant. Hard to say you are being persecuted in the US because you are African American and you need asylum in Canada when the country elected a president who is half African.

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Think my Obama comment is relevant. Hard to say you are being persecuted in the US because you are African American and you need asylum in Canada when the country elected a president who is half African.

Agree to disagree, there are people who flee their own countries, even though they are the same race/ethnic background as the leader of that country. Canada simply doesn't set asylum policy based on such information. The issue is that the US is a designated "Safe Country". So any American citizen, whether the president is white, black, Latino, etc... faces an uphill battle. You should read up on such information.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Agree to disagree, there are people who flee their own countries, even though they are the same race/ethnic background as the leader of that country. Canada simply doesn't set asylum policy based on such information. The issue is that the US is a designated "Safe Country". So any American citizen, whether the president is white, black, Latino, etc... faces an uphill battle. You should read up on such information.
Yes I understand that but based on the posters claims of pervasive racism as the basis of his asylum claim it is relevant.