+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR for Native Black American

PRGregory

May 9, 2018
I would like to move to B.C.- legally. I have ran into many road blocks as it appears Canada is not interested in opening the doors to Native Black Americans even though we deal with real racism everyday. Does anyone have a method in mind on how a person such as myself can become a PR of Canada. SOS!!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can apply like every other economic immigrant. Plenty of people from around the world are accepted based on their skills and education. You will have to qualify the same way. Google express entry. You will not be admitted to Canada as a refugee from the US based on racial discrimination.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I would like to move to B.C.- legally. I have ran into many road blocks as it appears Canada is not interested in opening the doors to Native Black Americans even though we deal with real racism everyday. Does anyone have a method in mind on how a person such as myself can become a PR of Canada. SOS!!!
Realistically if you don't have skilled education/work experience that would qualify you for an economic immigration stream, you probably will not be able to immigrate to Canada.

Nobody can immigrate to Canada based solely on racism in the US.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Your race is irrelevant. You must qualify for PR the same as everyone else.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The permanent residency process is the same for everyone regardless of their background. There are no specific roadblocks for individuals with your background - the doors are just as open to you as to anyone else. If you wish to apply for PR, you would follow the same process as anyone else and apply through one of Canada's economic immigration streams like Express Entry. Details about Canada's immigration programs can be found here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html

PRGregory

May 9, 2018
When I refer to myself as a Native Black American, what I am speaking of is as following:

My ancestors are the humans that where in slaved in the USA. We are not the same people you find in Africa. In fact, you will not find any group on this earth that has the customs, beliefs, sentiment, culture and practices of those who are the children of the black people who were in slaved in America. It is a fact that my race began in the USA, therefore, I proudly call myself a Native Black American.

I have never been to Africa, nor has my parents, grandparent, great grandparents... We do not speak any traditional African languages or practice African culture, religions or way of life in general. The larger majority of African people do not consider Native Black Americans Africans, as our way of life are completely different.

The fact remains that Native Black Americans are an ethos race that begin in the United States of America. Native Black Americans are a relatively new race of people that developed their own fundamental character of spirit, of culture, of customs, of practices and society that is unique to Native Black Americans.

The underlying sentiment of who we are as a people was born in the USA. Therefore, we are Native Black Americans!

Hope that help educates you and other on who Native Black Americans are.

Last edited:

PRGregory

May 9, 2018
When I stated in my original post that Canada is not interested in opening the doors to Native Black Americans, even though we deal with real racism everyday. It has become very apparent why this is the case.

Canada has a policy of assisting groups of people all around the world that are dealing with outlandish behavior by the governments that rules over them except for Native Black Americans.

You all know that we are in need of assistance in America as a matter of fact Native Black Americans should easily qualify for refugee status in Canada if other persecuted groups of people around the world are qualify and allowed entry into Canada. Native Americans are being brutalized daily in the USA. You don't have to go back 400 years of slavery, lynching, racial segregation and Jim Crow to acknowledge this. One can focus, instead, on the current prolific system of racist policing, mass incarceration and selective prosecution.

I know that Canadians are tuned in to what is taking place with the Native Black Americans, yet you do not speak up or offer us stationary in your Country like you do for so many other groups of people around the world. I am reading response from the people of Canada such as this...

"You will not be admitted to Canada as a refugee from the US based on racial discrimination."
"Nobody can immigrate to Canada based solely on racism in the US."
" Your race is irrelevant. You must qualify for PR the same as everyone else."

I understand that the above is a small snap shot of how some in Canada think. However, I also understand that this may be a larger sign of not being welcomed in Canada.

Can't you all see that the average Native Black American lives in fear for their life and their love ones lives?

We have nowhere to run nowhere to hide and it is truly my fear that things are going to end with many more Native Black American dead from racist violence.

Are you all just going to turn your T.V. on, log into your internet streams, listen to your radios and watch us be slaughter like animals. Do you know who are President is?

Why Canada won't offer us a place of refugee is beyond me. Than again my experience as a Native Black American does help me understand how so many in Canada can turn their backs...

Peace be with you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
When I stated in my original post that Canada is not interested in opening the doors to Native Black Americans, even though we deal with real racism everyday. It has become very apparent why this is the case.

Canada has a policy of assisting groups of people all around the world that are dealing with outlandish behavior by the governments that rules over them except for Native Black Americans.

You all know that we are in need of assistance in America as a matter of fact Native Black Americans should easily qualify for refugee status in Canada if other persecuted groups of people around the world are qualify and allowed entry into Canada. Native Americans are being brutalized daily in the USA. You don't have to go back 400 years of slavery, lynching, racial segregation and Jim Crow to acknowledge this. One can focus, instead, on the current prolific system of racist policing, mass incarceration and selective prosecution.

I know that Canadians are tuned in to what is taking place with the Native Black Americans, yet you do not speak up or offer us stationary in your Country like you do for so many other groups of people around the world. I am reading response from the people of Canada such as this...

"You will not be admitted to Canada as a refugee from the US based on racial discrimination."

I understand that the above is a small snap shot of how some in Canada think. However, I also understand that this may be a larger sign of not being welcomed in Canada.

Can't you all see that the average Native Black American lives in fear for their life and their love ones lives?

We have nowhere to run nowhere to hide and it is truly my fear that things are going to end with many more Native Black American dead from racist violence.

Are you all just going to turn your T.V. on, log into your internet streams, listen to your radios and watch us be slaughter like animals. Do you know who are President is?

Why Canada won't offer us a place of refugee is beyond me. Than again my experience as a Native Black American does help me understand how so many in Canada can turn their backs...

Peace be with you!
Although there are problems with police brutality and an overrepresentation of minorities in the criminal justice system you can't claim asylum based on race when Obama was elected president for 8 years. I do realize his mother was Caucasian so was only partially African American. There are similar issues with minorities being overrepresented in the Canadian criminal justice system in Canada as well. If you would like to move to Canada there are various economic pathways that are available. People are offered PR based on skills and education and race has nothing to do with it.

Reactions: mgnlky

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Peace be with you!
You are not a refugee and Canada is not "turning it's back on you", so cut the rhetoric. Canada provides refuge to people who genuinely need it, such as those from war-torn countries living in refugee camps. Canada does not provide refuge to people who live in first world countries and elected a racist moron for president.

PRGregory

May 9, 2018
Because Obama was elect president are you saying the USA is beyond racism?

Would you say a person who beats his wife is not a women hater because he is married to a women?

I find your statement juvenile and very uninformed.

Of coarse USA is brutally racist even thought Obama was once elected as a the President. Did you not see how awful Mr. Obama was treated and that treatment was a barrier to real progress.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Because Obama was elect president are you saying the USA is beyond racism?

Would you say a person who beats his wife is not a women hater because he is married to a women?

I find your statement juvenile and very uninformed.

Of coarse USA is brutally racist even thought Obama was once elected as a the President. Did you not see how awful Mr. Obama was treated and that treatment was a barrier to real progress.
Try reading the posts. Not a single person has said that there is no racism in the US. There is a lot of racism. There is also a lot of racism in Canada, Australia, the UK and every other country in the world. Again, cut the rhetoric.

As you've been told, you need to qualify for PR like everyone else. You are not a refugee and Canada doesn't not grant preference for immigration based on race.

Reactions: Mort Sinclair