+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR for Native Black American

PRGregory

May 9, 2018
Yes I understand that but based on the posters claims of pervasive racism as the basis of his asylum claim it is relevant.

I never stated that I was seeking asylum. I stated I was seeking permanent residency which is very different than asylum. Anyone who claims that pervasive racism is not a serious issue in the USA because Obama was elected is simply uninformed. Your statements regarding Obama really doesn't have anything to do with what a black persons experiences are in America. I would not expect you to know this, however, if you approach this matter with and open mind you may find that my statements are routed in fact based on my lived experiences in the USA rather your perceived notion of what life is like for an black person that resides in the USA.

PRGregory

May 9, 2018
I never stated I was seeking asylum based on pervasive racism. What I did state is that I was seeking permanent residency based on my status as a black person in the USA. These are two very different situations. However, based on my interaction with those in this forum, I clearly understand that Canada is not the place for me. I now am considering other options that don't include Canada as it appears that life would not be much different in Canada as it is in the USA for black people which is clearly illustrated by the responses in this thread. Forgive them for they don't know of what they speak of.

"Still I Rise"
Native Black American