+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR for my son born Outside Canada - parents are PR

Mar 8, 2022
Hi,

We are a family of 4 now.
When we got the PR we were 3 and wife was expecting.

We 3 visited Canada, to mark the entry, but had to return since we needed help with the incoming baby.
Our was born in India in April'23.

What would be the correct process to get a PR for him ?

Thanks

Note: We have since not left India for Canada since he does not have a Visa yet.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Either you or your wife will have to return and remain in Canada to start sponsoring the child for a PR. Can't be done outside of Canada. Apply for a TRV for the child.

Reactions: applicant309191
Mar 8, 2022
Either you or your wife will have to return and remain in Canada to start sponsoring the child for a PR. Can't be done outside of Canada. Apply for a TRV for the child.
Thanks for the quick reply, will try for the TRV.

I am told that the ongoing political issues have resulted in a halt in Visa processing, so will try my luck at a better time.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the quick reply, will try for the TRV.

I am told that the ongoing political issues have resulted in a halt in Visa processing, so will try my luck at a better time.
But one of you need to do the sponsorship while you still meet your Residency Obligation. Otherwise, either or both of you might lose your own PR status.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

We are a family of 4 now.
When we got the PR we were 3 and wife was expecting.

We 3 visited Canada, to mark the entry, but had to return since we needed help with the incoming baby.
Our was born in India in April'23.

What would be the correct process to get a PR for him ?

Thanks

Note: We have since not left India for Canada since he does not have a Visa yet.
When did you land? Are you compliant with RO?

Mar 8, 2022
Residency Obligation - not yet, we just landed in Nov'22, stayed for a week and came back.

Haven't gone since our 6 month old does not have a visa.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Residency Obligation - not yet, we just landed in Nov'22, stayed for a week and came back.

Haven't gone since our 6 month old does not have a visa.
Just so you know (but may already know), your infant will not have access to healthcare until PR. So make sure that you have health insurance. Insurance may only cover emergencies and not regular check ups. People wait years for a family doctor so you will be relying on walk in clinics and may have to pay out of pocket. Once in Canada, you can get on provincial waiting lists or start calling offices and see about getting on waitlists. Many doctors have waitlists years long so no longer accepting those looking for a doctor.

Reactions: applicant309191
Mar 8, 2022
Just so you know (but may already know), your infant will not have access to healthcare until PR. So make sure that you have health insurance. Insurance may only cover emergencies and not regular check ups. People wait years for a family doctor so you will be relying on walk in clinics and may have to pay out of pocket. Once in Canada, you can get on provincial waiting lists or start calling offices and see about getting on waitlists. Many doctors have waitlists years long so no longer accepting those looking for a doctor.
Thanks a ton for this!
I think we need to do a lot more research before we move :/