+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR for Lawyers

Fisherman213

Jan 25, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have completed my LLB from university of london in 2019. As am looking to apply for Canadian PR now. I want someone to help me out in this regard and probably someone who has applied from Pakistan within my field and has got the PR sucessfully. Should I apply through a normal process or there is any other way through which i can apply ?. Its confusing really need someone to guide

I'll be highly grateful

Regards,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

I have completed my LLB from university of london in 2019. As am looking to apply for Canadian PR now. I want someone to help me out in this regard and probably someone who has applied from Pakistan within my field and has got the PR sucessfully. Should I apply through a normal process or there is any other way through which i can apply ?. Its confusing really need someone to guide

I'll be highly grateful

Regards,
I'm not sure what you mean by the normal process.

There is no special immigration stream for foreign trained lawyers. You'll apply through Express Entry. For Express Entry your occupation doesn't really matter as long as it's a skilled occupation (which a lawyer is of course).

I don't think any of the PNP programs will work since they are based on either having a job offer in the province (or already working in the province) or on having an occupation that's in demand.

Long story short, you would go through the Express Entry program. Focus on that. You need a score of around 470 to be selected out of the pool. Good luck.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Focus on Express Entry - Foreign Skilled Worker stream. Get degrees assessed and take language tests. You will not be able to work in Canada as a lawyer until complete and are called to the provincial bar. However focus on PR first.