+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR following 1 year course in canada

Apr 24, 2010
Dear
I completed B.Sc. in Computer Science & Engineering from Bangladesh. Then moved to London and achieved 1 year advanced diploma in IT. Now i am in Bangladesh and planning study for 1 year Ontario college certificate/Diploma course in Canada. Is there any possibilities to apply for permanent residency following this 1 year study program? or is there any other way to apply for PR after 1 year degree program? PLS let me know. Thank you very much for kind cooperation.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
After completing one year program, you will get one year PG work permit enabling you to be there for 2 years. After completing one year of education/stay in Canada, you will become eligible to apply for PR.

honeybee

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
nd
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
June 2010
i do agree with verma.

matt84

Star Member
Jan 10, 2010
Fredericton, NB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do not agree with verma.

1.You may get a work permit for a period no longer than the length of time you studied. In this case 1 yr.

2. You can get a PR visa faster if you go for the opnp International Student With Job Offer Stream and if this program is a postgraduate course. So you don't need to have canadian work experience only a job offer.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
matt84 said:
I do not agree with verma.

1.You may get a work permit for a period no longer than the length of time you studied. In this case 1 yr.

2. You can get a PR visa faster if you go for the opnp International Student With Job Offer Stream and if this program is a postgraduate course. So you don't need to have canadian work experience only a job offer.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I am reproducing what I said:
After completing one year program, you will get one year PG work permit.

matt84

Star Member
Jan 10, 2010
Fredericton, NB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vermas said:
I am reproducing what I said:
After completing one year program, you will get one year PG work permit.
indeed you were right Vermas. sorry for being so inadvertent :-X

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Who can apply (for PR)
According to the eligibility criteria, your application is eligible for processing if:

* you have an offer of arranged employment, OR
* you are a foreign national who has been living legally in Canada for one year as a temporary foreign worker or an international student, OR
* you are a skilled worker who has at least one year of experience* in one or more of the occupations listed here.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
would the spouse of an international student (already on an open work permit) be eligible to apply for PR after completing 1 yr stay in Canada ? what would be the case if the spouse doesnt have experience in any of the occupations listed ?

Regina said:
Who can apply (for PR)
According to the eligibility criteria, your application is eligible for processing if:

* you have an offer of arranged employment, OR
* you are a foreign national who has been living legally in Canada for one year as a temporary foreign worker or an international student, OR
* you are a skilled worker who has at least one year of experience* in one or more of the occupations listed here.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

vig123

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
Hey guys,

I need to know if I study in Canada for 1 year then how can I apply for PR after my completion of studies??

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Certainly you can apply for PR if you fulfill the desired criteria.
vig123 said:
Hey guys,

I need to know if I study in Canada for 1 year then how can I apply for PR after my completion of studies??