+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR First Landing Plan via Land (Seattle-Vancouver) - Suggestions Needed

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
Hello Guys,

I will be doing my PR first landing by driving from Seattle to Vancouver, next month. I did try to research about landing the similar way but not able to find anything concrete and complete. So my plan & questions are as follows:

Day1: I will fly to Seattle and rent a car which I will drive to Vancouver. I will be going with my wife and we will be having our personal stuff for 2 days, documents, some cash and 2 copies of completed BSF 186 and BSF 186A forms. We will doing our landing at around 1 AM at night.
  • Is it okay to take the rental car across the border for landing purpose?
  • Is there anything else I should take care of before landing and which Seattle-Vancouver border I should prefer?
  • Will there be officers available at 1 AM for handling the PR landing process?

I will be providing my brother's address, who lives in Montreal, for the PR card .
  • Is it fine to provide that address or shall I provide the address of my friends living in either Vancouver or Calgary?

Day2: I have decided to apply for SIN and then bank account the next morning.
  • Apart from these 2 things, what else I should apply for?
  • Do I need to give the same address for SIN and bank account which I gave for PR card?
  • Do I need to carry passport size photos for these tasks?

Day 3: I will be returning to Seattle, USA on day 3 morning.
  • Do I need to take care of anything else apart from my documents needed for return to USA?

Thanks in Advance

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Rental car is OK for landing
Check business hours in advance for Port of Entry you are using for landing. Also, check if their is any restriction on hours for landing formalities. It would be on official website. Google it.
Please don't give Montreal address for PR card at the time of landing. a) give Montreal address via phone to CIC after landing OR b) Give non-Quebec address at the time of landing.

SIN, Bank and PR card address need not be same.
No need to carry photos.

Reactions: sidroy09

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
Rental car is OK for landing
Check business hours in advance for Port of Entry you are using for landing. Also, check if their is any restriction on hours for landing formalities. It would be on official website. Google it.
Please don't give Montreal address for PR card at the time of landing. a) give Montreal address via phone to CIC after landing OR b) Give non-Quebec address at the time of landing.

SIN, Bank and PR card address need not be same.
No need to carry photos.
Thanks. I will check those things. :)

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
Thanks. I will check those things. :)
Found these 4 Port of Entries by Land. Just pasting all 4 info.s here to make it helpful for anyone who checks out this thread.

Peace Arch Port Information
  • Hours of Operation – 24 Hrs a day, 7 days a week, year around.

Blaine / Surrey Border Crossing Information
  • Hours of operation- 24 hrs per day

Abbotsford - Sumas Border Hours

The border crossing at Abbotsford/Sumas is open 24 hours but is 43 miles or 72km east of Vancouver. This crossing is almost too far east to consider unless you know the Peace Arch is really busy or the Aldergrove exit is closed.

Aldergrove Border (Lynden Crossing) Hours

The border crossing at Aldergrove/Lynden is open 8am to midnight every day.

https://www.tripsavvy.com/vancouver-to-seattle-border-crossing-3371125

Last edited:

ee_candidate

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Found these 4 Port of Entries by Land. Just pasting all 4 info.s here to make it helpful for anyone who checks out this thread.

Peace Arch Port Information
  • Hours of Operation – 24 Hrs a day, 7 days a week, year around.

Blaine / Surrey Border Crossing Information
  • Hours of operation- 24 hrs per day

Abbotsford - Sumas Border Hours

The border crossing at Abbotsford/Sumas is open 24 hours but is 43 miles or 72km east of Vancouver. This crossing is almost too far east to consider unless you know the Peace Arch is really busy or the Aldergrove exit is closed.

Aldergrove Border (Lynden Crossing) Hours

The border crossing at Aldergrove/Lynden is open 8am to midnight every day.

https://www.tripsavvy.com/vancouver-to-seattle-border-crossing-3371125
Thanks @sidroy09 . Which one did you end up using? We are planning on driving from Seattle as well next month. Any things to note?