+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR final stages - time questions

MrMojoRisin87

Apr 9, 2015
Hi Everyone, hope you guys have a good day today, I would love to hear your opinions on my situation !

I've applied on June 23rd 2014 under the CEC, currently when I check my online status - it says that the medical results were received. I have called the CIC and they said results were received on march 23rd 2015. So giving it 3 month as stated on their website, I should receive a request for passport sometime around June 23rd 2015.

However I have a job offer from a company in Toronto, and my start date is set to July 6th. I start to understand now, that it may not be realistic for me to start around that time, since some people report they've been waiting for their stamped passports for more than 4 weeks.

Also I've recently applied for a an extended stay and a new open work permit since my current visa and permit expires June 30th ( now i'm on closed work permit working and living in Montreal). Do you think I will get PR sooner then I'll get my open work permit ? It is kind of important since the company that hires me wants me to start on a specific project anytime in July, but not after. So I am a bit worried now, since I've settled a very good job.

Do you think there is a way to speed things up anyhow ? May be by calling or writing a letter explaining my situation ?

Thanks for your opinions !

sonnenstern

Star Member
May 22, 2014
I am in the exact same situation as you. My current WP also runs out June 30th, I am June 2014 applicant for PR, had medical in february and have applied for BOWP in beginning of may. And I have also secured a very good new job for beginning of august. Honestly I think there's no way to get the necessary permits in time… Current processing times are now 83 days (!!!) for BOWP and my PR file is also stuck somewhere in the CIC limbo.

I suggest you tell your company your exact situation. Maybe your BOWP will arrive in July, maybe not. For PR I don't think you will have the Visa by then, only very few june applicants got PPR/COPR by now…. hopefully I am wrong!

c2h5oh

Apr 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Doc's Request.
21-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-02-2015
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
15-02-2016
Passport roundtrip was closer to 2 weeks, from what I've seen, but you have no guarantee you'll get PR in time and I wouldn't count on it. There are at least 40 June applicants that are past medical and still waiting for a decision, plenty of them (including me) have nothing in the GCMS notes that would be any cause for delay.

I don't know when you've applied for your bridging open work permit, but the wait time for those is long as well - not all the people who applied in March have gotten theirs yet ( see http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bowp-march-applicants-t282631.0.html )

There is no way of speeding up your application processing.

tl;dr; unless you're very lucky and get your PR in the next week or so OR you have applied for BOWP over 2 months ago it's unlikely you will be able to start on July 6th.

MrMojoRisin87

Apr 9, 2015
I've just read the thread about July applicants, it seems some of them already landed as PR, this is disappointing and hard to understand why July is processed faster than June. I guess being honest with my employer is the best I can do at this point, and I've applied for BOWP just a few days ago, so i guess there was not much sense in doing so, do you think it is possible to get refund form those services if I get my PR sooner ?

sonnenstern

Star Member
May 22, 2014
You definitely had to apply for BOWP, otherwise you would be out of status if you don't get PPR/COPR by the end of june. I'm not sure if you can get a refund for the BOWP application. Maybe if they haven't started working on your BOWP application by the time PR is approved?

MrMojoRisin87

Apr 9, 2015
Yes, and I'm not sure if I paid too much too, I paid 155 for new permit + 100 for open permit fee, and on top of that i paid 200 for temporary resident visa.

sonnenstern

Star Member
May 22, 2014
I paid the same, sounds right to me. Super annoying, if our PR would've gone accordingly to timelines and wouldn't be slowed down by EXPRESS (haha) entry, then we wouldn't have to support the canadian immigration department with another few $$...

harshad patel

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Toronto
Category........
1) We received your application for permanent residence on April 15, 2014.
2) We started processing your application on May 26, 2015.
3) Medical results have been received.
4) A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Still I didn't send my passport for stamp and why they said like this? but I got my PPR request though.

cecorbust

Aug 19, 2014
harshad patel said:
1) We received your application for permanent residence on April 15, 2014.
2) We started processing your application on May 26, 2015.
3) Medical results have been received.
4) A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Still I didn't send my passport for stamp and why they said like this? but I got my PPR request though.
Please stop posting the same question in all of the threads. Especially when your question doesn't make any sense...What are you asking? Are you asking why you didn't send your passport even though you got your PPR?

kimchill

Star Member
May 12, 2015
Seconded!! :)

cecorbust said:
Please stop posting the same question in all of the threads. Especially when your question doesn't make any sense...What are you asking? Are you asking why you didn't send your passport even though you got your PPR?

thankyou

Star Member
May 26, 2014
cecorbust said:
I agree with you.. It doesn't make any sense. Go and send your passport for visa. Very simple !!! If you want to know how to send , then write their address and in return envelope your address and use express mail service !! Good luck! !