+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Filed, and question for new job

saini2012

Star Member
Aug 9, 2012
Hi ,
I had filed PR through immigration consultant on Monday and now i am having new job offer from good company with good pay. So would it be a good time to switch job or wait until i get the PR. The consultant suggested it might be risk, as if immigration officer could call my employer for the verification and if something said wrong could impact PR. Any suggestions or other precautions should i take.

siriPR2014

Dec 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Dec-2013
AOR Received.
23-Jan-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along with Application
Med's Request
UFM on 8th-May-2014
Med's Done....
Status updated on ECAS on 6th June 2014
If you are leaving current company by giving proper transition, then it shouldn't be a problem. Since HR will always give u good feedback for you.

I beleive this shouldn'e be a problem if you are switching to a new company. You just need to update the CEC with new company offer letter and other docs. There are several posts asking the same question. Answer is yes, just update CEC that I have change my current company and give them your new company details.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
siriPR2014 said:
If you are leaving current company by giving proper transition, then it shouldn't be a problem. Since HR will always give u good feedback for you.

I beleive this shouldn'e be a problem if you are switching to a new company. You just need to update the CEC with new company offer letter and other docs. There are several posts asking the same question. Answer is yes, just update CEC that I have change my current company and give them your new company details.
Second that.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
saini2012 said:
My new job will be different role as which i submitted, so won't that effect.
No, that won't affect your application. CIC will make a decision based on the information
you've submitted in your application package - and NOT based on your current employement situation.
So you can go ahead and switch jobs/employers as long as you keep CIC updated.