+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR file without spouse

RutviDalal

Jan 15, 2020
Hello people,

I'm currently staying at India and my fiance stays at Canada on student visa. He has taken 1 year of course which will end on this July, 2020 and he will get work permit till July,2021.

He is coming back to india in this March and we are getting married( court marriage) as I have already started process of PR. I have scores and Wes is in process. I want to show my status as 'married' while I put my file for EE but I don't want to add him in the 3rd option as scores come down and anyway he already is in Canada.

We have planned in such a way like if I get visa till this year end, after reaching Canada, I'll put his file for spouse PR so he can get the visa till his work permit expires. Would it work in this way ?

P.S : we have planned for this court marriage just because later on when it comes to putting his file, it won't become hard to prove our relationship.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello people,

I'm currently staying at India and my fiance stays at Canada on student visa. He has taken 1 year of course which will end on this July, 2020 and he will get work permit till July,2021.

He is coming back to india in this March and we are getting married( court marriage) as I have already started process of PR. I have scores and Wes is in process. I want to show my status as 'married' while I put my file for EE but I don't want to add him in the 3rd option as scores come down and anyway he already is in Canada.

We have planned in such a way like if I get visa till this year end, after reaching Canada, I'll put his file for spouse PR so he can get the visa till his work permit expires. Would it work in this way ?

P.S : we have planned for this court marriage just because later on when it comes to putting his file, it won't become hard to prove our relationship.
You will need to add him as non-accompanying to your application once you get married. He will need to complete a medical and provide PCCs. Make sure you list the reason for listing him as non-accompanying being that your points / score drop too much.

There is a chance IRCC may not accept your marriage if it is a court marriage only (rather than a traditional marriage). They may say it's a marriage of convenience. You should have a full traditional marriage if possible and also provide other evidence that your relationship is genuine.

Reactions: Chinyereja

RutviDalal

Jan 15, 2020
Initially, we decided to not to get married so I can put my file as a single applicant,
But if after getting visa I go there, and we directly get married it would become really hard for us to prove our relationship. So we decided that he comes in the March and by rituals we will do engagement as well as Court marriage ( they do some rituals in the court like we have in traditional marriage so that we can click pictures with family ) apart from this while engagement, we would be clicking photographs.

Would it work ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Initially, we decided to not to get married so I can put my file as a single applicant,
But if after getting visa I go there, and we directly get married it would become really hard for us to prove our relationship. So we decided that he comes in the March and by rituals we will do engagement as well as Court marriage ( they do some rituals in the court like we have in traditional marriage so that we can click pictures with family ) apart from this while engagement, we would be clicking photographs.

Would it work ?
None of us can tell you that. It will be up to the IRCC officer who reviews your file. If you don't have a traditional marriage, this can sometimes cause issues.