PR Family Class - Confused about Documents Checklist

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Back story:
My brother and his wife is planning to apply for PR through spousal sponsorship. My sister-in-law is a Permanent resident of Canada. She is not yet a citizen. She is going to apply for my brother.

While looking at the checklist:

9. Original of completed Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) - for the sponsored person and each family member 18 years of age or over, signed by the person concerned.

11. Original of completed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) - for the sponsored person and each family member of 18 years of age or over, singed by the person concerned.

26. Originals of Police certificates and clearances - As per documents list provided in the Immigrant's guide.
Immigrants guide: Original police certificates or clearances from each country in which you and every one in your family aged 18 years or over have resided six months or more since reaching 18 years of age in the last 10 years.

Also the guide is asking for medical checks, photos - for "each family member".

My brother has to fill these required forms/documents of course.
But question is do rest of the family (mother, father, myself) has to get police certificate, medical checkups, photos too??
Or when they say "each family member" - they mean the people who are applying for PR like dependents???

I am Confused because, it is not making any sense to make the whole family go through security checks, when only 1 person is applying for PR.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Just a note:

Everyone in the family aged 25 years and older.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Family means husband wife and children between them or seperately with them like hus children or wifes children.

No one else need to do any police clearence. In your case only ur brother needs to do pcc and upfront medicals. If they r married less than 2 years proofs

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
iamroth said:
Back story:
My brother and his wife is planning to apply for PR through spousal sponsorship. My sister-in-law is a Permanent resident of Canada. She is not yet a citizen. She is going to apply for my brother.

While looking at the checklist:

9. Original of completed Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) - for the sponsored person and each family member 18 years of age or over, signed by the person concerned.

11. Original of completed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) - for the sponsored person and each family member of 18 years of age or over, singed by the person concerned.

26. Originals of Police certificates and clearances - As per documents list provided in the Immigrant's guide.
Immigrants guide: Original police certificates or clearances from each country in which you and every one in your family aged 18 years or over have resided six months or more since reaching 18 years of age in the last 10 years.

Also the guide is asking for medical checks, photos - for "each family member".

My brother has to fill these required forms/documents of course.
But question is do rest of the family (mother, father, myself) has to get police certificate, medical checkups, photos too??
Or when they say "each family member" - they mean the people who are applying for PR like dependents???

I am Confused because, it is not making any sense to make the whole family go through security checks, when only 1 person is applying for PR.
Only the family (spouse and children) who need the police certificate and medical exam. Indeed everyone who will apply for the PR need to do that :)