+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR expiring before completion of days

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I am NOT any kind of consultant, registered or otherwise. I am NOT a Canadian lawyer. I have NO professional or occupational experience or background or training in immigration matters, Canadian or otherwise.

As I often emphasize, and as it is clearly stated in my signature, I am NOT an expert and I am NOT qualified to offer personal advice.

That said, obviously, no astute powers of perception necessary to recognize I have what might be generally referred to as a jurist's background (more than four decades of it), albeit none Canadian.

BUT, mostly, I have been closely following PR and citizenship residency/presence related issues for more than a decade (I've been a Canadian for more than a decade now, and a citizen for more than five years). In late 2007 or early 2008 this forum (back when I was merely a visitor here), and a couple other similar forums concurrently, alerted me to an important distinction in my own PR application process, a distinction which clearly saved me a lot of processing time, and probably saved me from some collateral inconvenience if not outright difficulties, for which I was immensely grateful. So for a long while I was doing the pay-it-forward thing (which included addressing other subjects, like family class PR), until it became a hobby . . . but for the last several years now I have focused on just a very few issues, most of which are specifically related to residency or presence, mostly in respect to issues which tend to be more complex and subject to nuances. My observations lean toward the LONG READ as to matters for which there is no easy rule, no definitive or linear answer, often subject to variable outcomes depending on case-specific factors and circumstances.

Cool. Always good to learn from people who know what they are talking about. I appreciate the citations you provide, and like to read the cases.

bobbyleon

Nov 24, 2014
Hi All,

I wanted to check if someone can help me.I got my PR in December 2016 then I entered in January 19th 2017 and came to India and went back Canada in October then again I left the country in January 20th 2018. And back to India.
I was given 2 years validity PR card.
Which is expired. now I am in India and would like to go back to Canada.
Is it possible? How can I go get my card renewal done... Any information and assistance would be great.

Thank you
:)

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi All,

I wanted to check if someone can help me.I got my PR in December 2016 then I entered in January 19th 2017 and came to India and went back Canada in October then again I left the country in January 20th 2018. And back to India.
I was given 2 years validity PR card.
Which is expired. now I am in India and would like to go back to Canada.
Is it possible? How can I go get my card renewal done... Any information and assistance would be great.

Thank you
:)
Apply for a PRTD given you cannot renew your PR card from outside of Canada. If you landed January 2017 then must be able to show 2 years residency before January 2022. You have not been that specific about how many days you have spent in Canada so far but maybe should assume you need to spend a couple of years back to ensure you meet the residency obligation by 1/2022