+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR expired so reapplying through Express Entry

itsricha

Jun 5, 2009
Hi,

We had gotten the Canadian PR few years back where my husband was the Primary applicant. We had gone to collect the PR cards, got them but never stayed in Canada. The PR cards have now expired and we want to reapply through Express Entry process. This time I will be the Primary Applicant for the family.

I had a question regarding one of the questions in Express Entry Profile form.

Section - Immigration History and Citizenship
Q1. Has <name> applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before? (required)

Since my husband had applied as Primary Applicant and not me, should I answer this question as a Yes or a No. I will be the Primary this time.
Secondly, if I do mark it as yes or no, what about the UCI number? Should I mention that or not.

TIA!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Would really appreciate at least a couple of answers.
The answer should be yes for both applicants.

Note that you need to renounce your PR status before you can reapply.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hi,

We had gotten the Canadian PR few years back where my husband was the Primary applicant. We had gone to collect the PR cards, got them but never stayed in Canada. The PR cards have now expired and we want to reapply through Express Entry process. This time I will be the Primary Applicant for the family.

I had a question regarding one of the questions in Express Entry Profile form.

Section - Immigration History and Citizenship
Q1. Has <name> applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before? (required)

Since my husband had applied as Primary Applicant and not me, should I answer this question as a Yes or a No. I will be the Primary this time.
Secondly, if I do mark it as yes or no, what about the UCI number? Should I mention that or not.

TIA!!
1.- the answer is yes
2.- the UCI number is in front of your PR Card