+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR documents - Protected Person

hopefuldreams

Jun 17, 2019
Hi everybody,
I hope you're all doing well.
I'm a protected person in Quebec (Montrèal).
Right now, I'm working on my permanent residency application and need to prepare my documents.

The documents I have are:

1. A certified copy of my passport (my original passport was take from me at the immigration).
2. My original old (canceled) passports (they are 4 passports).
3. My marriage certificate (translated by a certified translator in the country were my marriage took place), but right now.. I'm legally separated as my ex-husband left me and went back to the US.
4. My travel (flight) tickets from the country I resided in to Canada.
5. The confirmation email I received when I booked a bus ticket for my ex-husband. It shows the details of his return trip (from Montreal to Minnesota).
6. My Canadian refugee claimant document.
7. My Canadian work permit document.
8. A copy of my birth certificate translated by a certified translator in the country where I was born.
9. The Refugee Board of Canada- Refugee Protection Devision letter that indicates me as a protected person (Convention Refugee), shows that I have no other country to be safe in, and shows that my ex-husband was violent/abusive before he left me for good last September, 2018.

Now, I can't add any other document unfortunately and can't add my original birth certificate as it is not with me. It got lost in the country I was residing in before moving to Canada.

My questions are:
1. Is my passport and Canadian documents enough? Do I have to send copies of all of my documents?

2. Do I have to add my marriage certificate even though I'm now already legally separated? If yes, is the translation I have enough? or Should I translate it again by a certain Canadian translation body? If yes, can you please give me information where I can translate it?

3. OR: should I just add the ticket confirmation email of the ticket or my ex-husband? Would an email be enough as a document to prove our relationship?

4. Do I have to scan all the documents? Or just copy them?

5. Do I have to certify my photocopies (or copies)? if yes, how and where?

Sorry for my too many questions and thank you very much in advance!