+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

keval186

Oct 6, 2023
WHAT a amazing PR journey come to end !!!!!

CEC Inland application
Application submitted : 24 MAY
AOR : 25 MAY
BIL : 14 AUG
BIOMETRIC COMPLTED : 16 AUG
MEDICAL COMPLTED :17 AUG
BACKGROUND CHECK : 7 SEPT
ELIGIBELITY COMPLTED: 12 SEPT( COPR NUBER SEE ON TRACKER )
P1 : 28 SEPT
P2 : 11 OCT
ECOPR : 27 NOV( AFTER MANY TIME CALL WITH IRCC)
PR CARD : 7 DEC ( I COULD NOT BELIVE I GOT MY PR CARD IN JUST 10 DAY).
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE .

ghazaal.asif

Nov 8, 2023
How do you know you are approved?
I recieved the inofrmation letter for passport submission, I called IRCC that I am in Canada and my spouse is not so they asked me to submit a webform. My wife has recieved her COPR as she used that letter to submit the passport but for me I am not sure, waiting for IRCC to respond.

Jask77

Dec 11, 2023
Hi, I got the first email for PR portal on 5th December, replied to the same on 6th December. I am awaiting for the PR portal credentials. Can anyone help me with the approximate timeline going forward? The reason I am asking is as I need to travel to US for some work in January and I think it will be better to travel once I receive my COPR. If anyone has any idea it will be great, also I was thinking to call IRCC directly and explain this to them but unsure if this might further delay in getting my COPR.
Thanks in advance!

Fordling

Jun 25, 2018
Hi, I got the first email for PR portal on 5th December, replied to the same on 6th December. I am awaiting for the PR portal credentials. Can anyone help me with the approximate timeline going forward? The reason I am asking is as I need to travel to US for some work in January and I think it will be better to travel once I receive my COPR. If anyone has any idea it will be great, also I was thinking to call IRCC directly and explain this to them but unsure if this might further delay in getting my COPR.
Thanks in advance!
If you get eCOPR while you're in the States, I believe you could drive back to Canada in a private vehicle and present your document at the border.

Andres0

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
If you get eCOPR while you're in the States, I believe you could drive back to Canada in a private vehicle and present your document at the border.
I wouldn't recommend it. Shouldn't receive the eCOPR while outside Canada and if you do, it's in error. It's a requirement of the IRPR that the person must be in Canada during eCOPR issuance. If IRCC finds out it was issued while you were outside Canada, you'll receive the letter referenced in the following post:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/new-pr-confirmation-portal.713006/page-174#post-9383080

However, if you received the eCOPR while in Canada, then yes, there's no problem crossing the land border in a private vehicle.

Fordling

Jun 25, 2018
I wouldn't recommend it. Shouldn't receive the eCOPR while outside Canada and if you do, it's in error. It's a requirement of the IRPR that the person must be in Canada during eCOPR issuance. If IRCC finds out it was issued while you were outside Canada, you'll receive the letter referenced in the following post:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/new-pr-confirmation-portal.713006/page-174#post-9383080

However, if you received the eCOPR while in Canada, then yes, there's no problem crossing the land border in a private vehicle.
Ok I understand. I've heard people say they've done what I described above. Thank you for this information.