+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

geraldolvn

Star Member
Nov 10, 2022
I think you can make it before August 24th...

If you don't receive your eCopr around August 20th you still have the option to submit a Bridging Open Work Permit.. (if you want to continue working, of course). The bad news about that permit is you need to pay for it, but they send a letter saying that you can work until a decision is made. (implied status).

Of course (and hopefully) you are going to receive your eCopr before that open work permit, in that case, IRCC refunds you around $100 for that Bridging Open Work Permit you already paid for.
That's what I was thinking too (BOWP), but I thought I could get a 100% refund, anyways I will do it by the last day (August 22nd).
How about my son? He is on a Student Visa, do you know if I need to apply to extend his Visa? Or he can be without status for that period of time.

I know those questions are very specific, any thoughts will be very helpful.

PR 2023 WPG

Jul 27, 2023
That's what I was thinking too (BOWP), but I thought I could get a 100% refund, anyways I will do it by the last day (August 22nd).
How about my son? He is on a Student Visa, do you know if I need to apply to extend his Visa? Or he can be without status for that period of time.

I know those questions are very specific, any thoughts will be very helpful.
If we follow the legal path. When you apply for the BOWP you can/should request the extension of his study permit.

I know a person who omitted that extension to avoid additional payments, but that is a personal decision.

About the refund. One of my friends paid $255 for the BOWP and only received a $100 refund for his application.

krishislegend

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
anyone got their portal 2 from etobicoke. its been 6 days, i replied them on august 2nd. from the trends, looks like they send within 3-4 days.