+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR cases with medical issues (ulcerative colitis/Crohn's)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Okay. What if I promise that I will bear the entire cost of the medicaiton myself if I lose insurance and show that I have a job in Canada with a annual salary that will allow me to do that?
Doesn’t count because it isn’t enforceable. Once you get PR you are entitled to all the programs and services.

CanAm2020

Nov 30, 2019
I have Crohn's disease too and i'm in remission. My work insurance covers for 80% of it. I got a procedural fairness letter last week.
Hi @Neo101 - did you respond to your PFL? Have you heard back from immigration officer? I am in a similar situation so would like to learn more.
Also do you live and work in Canada?

SamTawel

May 29, 2020
Hi, could you detail what you have writen on the letter? and the role of the lawyer in the process? would be really helpful, I could be in the same boat 6 months from now...

shivang2793

Dec 17, 2017
surat
Hi Anyone have idea about what to fill in IMM 5669 form for serious medical condition?

I am suffering from Ulcerative colitis and currently on Remicade. I am applying for Provincial nominee.

shivang2793

Dec 17, 2017
surat
Hey, yeah I hired a lawyer and responded to the PFL. I got my CoPR last week.
Do you have idea what you fill in IMM 5669 form for serious medical condition?

I am suffering from Ulcerative colitis and currently on Remicade. I am applying for Provincial nominee.

And are you on any kind of biologics?

ryanm32

Jan 21, 2018
I had applied in September 18 and my file is still under process..
I take humeira twice a week and my medical are still under review.. it's been over 11 months .. Got additional medicals test for Inactive TB which is a side effect of humeira...

Hoping to get it cleared as the costs can be within the limit as per our research on the medicine...
What was the result of your medical and have you got PR yet? I am on simponi which is similar in cost to humeira

ryanm32

Jan 21, 2018
Hello all,

I am in process of applying for PR just about to get my medical check. I have ulcerative colitis and on medication that is quite expensive. It is partially covered by work insurance and the rest by pharmacy. I know this might become an issue, just curious to see if anyone has had similar successful/unsuccessful experience that they could share? I am happy to hear any info, as far I have very little info on what to prepare for...I have read comments about this but couldn't find anything that could help.
What was the result of your medical and have you got PR yet? I am on simponi which is similar in cost to humeira

ryanm32

Jan 21, 2018
Yes , we got our PR
Thank you for the response!Did the officer send a pfl or did your application get approved without having to provide any further information?
I am in the process of coming off the medication so i am hoping that will shift things in my favour, if they do send a pfl for my case.

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
Thank you for the response!Did the officer send a pfl or did your application get approved without having to provide any further information?
I am in the process of coming off the medication so i am hoping that will shift things in my favour, if they do send a pfl for my case.
No we did not receive any PFL.

Roman_yaz

Jun 1, 2021